We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here now

Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Here now

Morning, life is good at Marriott ! 5 beach restaurants still open, raining on and off, cocktails wonderful and Thai smiles all around.

Thanks for all of your help with our planning.

Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Ben's Restaurant
₹, Pizza, Seafood, Italian
Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here now

Have a great trip and let us know how it goes.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,449 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here now

Yeah, thanks Chrella!

Kategos,

If you could find out more about if and when the beach restaurants are to close it would be very much appreciated as there are mixed messages coming from friends in Khao Lak.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
976 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here now

Hey Kategos,

Glad you are having a fab time, we too will be at the Marriott soon and we are wondering if the Blue Mist restaurant is still open? Enjoy every minute and have an extra cocktail for us!

Cheers

Verrena

Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here now

Good morning all, I have spoken with blue mist and phens and they both tell me they are not closing at all. I will do some more investigating for you all!

Weather report:- heavy tropical down pour for about 3 hours last night, this morning overcast but the sun is trying to come out to play.

Market in Niang yesterday was great. Not a lot of shops open anywhere else though. Heaps of sunglasses at 60 to 100bht.

Off to the amazing breakfast now, then might be time for massage.

Cheers all

Kate

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here now

Thanks for the update and hopefully you'll only get rain in the evening.

Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here now

Whats the WiWi speed in Marriott Hotel?

Is it possible to make SIP Calls, use FaceTime and IMessage?

We will arrive on Tuesday. Looking forward...

Whats the weather today?

Edited: 08 July 2013, 03:30
Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
285 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here now

Kategos

Wish we were there too, you lucky campers !

Great news that beach restaurants still open.......its a good alternative to eating at the resort & very relaxing.

Have great time at the "Taj Mahal" in Chiang Mai !

ENJOY

no jealousy at all from OZ !!

Sad

Rob

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here now

We are at the Sands. I walking up to the creek yesterday and nothing is open. Looks like there has been some pretty high tides and strong winds have done some damage to the structures.

I walked south the day before and only saw 1 restaurant open for lunch. Going to walk down to NTBR2 today and see what's cooking down there.

Weather this morning, drizzle, but like most days clears up for an overcast day. Yesterday was nice, rain in the morning and the rest of the day beaut ( no sun ) The evening was pleasant by the cocktail bar. No wind and not hot.

Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here now

Hi there - warm but overcast today, great pool weather! I have no idea what a sip call is! Can facetime etc. Sometimes wi fi drops out, just need to stick your head outside the door and comes back again!

HI Rob, ha ha "Taj Mahal" in CM is spot on! Having a cocktail for you - loving happy hour.

Food fantastic so far (at the beach restaurants) had a near disaster at Hill Tribes last night though! Friend we are travelling with is allergic to shell fish so is carrying around cards stating no shellfish, no fish sauce, no oyster sauce written in Thai. Everywhere has been fantastic and he has been careful with what he has ordered until last night... gave the cards, lots of nods and smiles and when dinner came, put his spoon into his bowl and retrieved a nice big plump prawn. Ouch....luckily saw it and didn't have to reach for the epi pen!

Anyway time for a swim.....

Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Here now

Tanks for the report!

Just 1 more day...

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak