We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning our trip

Lauwe, Belgium
Level Contributor
28 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
planning our trip

Hello ,

We're going at the end of august to thailand. We're arriving on the 26 th of august and start with 3nights in khao lak. I really want to visit the next things ; krabi,koh phi phi, and the last days on phuket. After we spend 3 nights on khao lak ,where do we need to go the best to visit the city's/islands above? After we khao lak, we can spend another 10 nights in total...

Thanks for helping me

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning our trip

Taking into account that you are travelling in the middle of the Wet Season which does not guarantee it will rain nor will it guarantee sun, you should expect some uncertainty about the weather and about ocean conditions in particular. You can visit Phi Phi from either Krabi or Phuket, so perhaps going to Krabi first for 5 days there and visit Phi Phi from there weather permitting and if you can't visit Phi Phi try again in your 5 days in Phuket, from where a trip to Phang Nga Bay is highly recommended.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
952 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,595 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Lauwe, Belgium
Level Contributor
28 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning our trip

Thanks for the info! I just booked 3nights at koh phiphi in viking nature resort. From 1st of september till 3th of september. I hope it will be good weather because its non refundable . When its raining the ferry wil not go to kog phi phi ? When is it the best time to take the ferry ? In the morning or is the chance for the best weather in the afternoon ?

Thanks a lot

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning our trip

Sorry, unless someone on this forum can advise I think that question is best posed on Phi Phi, Krabi or Phuket forums.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
952 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
4. Re: planning our trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak