We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in khao lak, and one day trip koh tachai and similan

Pekanbaru, Riau...
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
hotel in khao lak, and one day trip koh tachai and similan

Hi, i ll visit krabi.

wanna ask what hotel is best in khao lak.

- beach front.

- budget under $100

or great hotel under $50, as we wont spend time in hotel.

- in center /crowded place. so easy to the beach, find food, shopping

because i just have discovered koh tachai is stunniiiiiing, also similand islands,

so we will spare our time to visit khao lak.

any suggestions what company should i pick for one day trip ( 2days )

thank you

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: hotel in khao lak, and one day trip koh tachai and similan

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

A few questions to help provide you with best informaton:

1. When are you planning on visiting?

2. Is your budget in US $ ?

3. You are looking for a beachfront hotel upto $100 or one away from beach at under $50.

4. Are you looking for 2 one day trips? If so where to? Tachai and somewhere else?

Cheers

Pekanbaru, Riau...
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: hotel in khao lak, and one day trip koh tachai and similan

Hi.. Arandora

1. visit khao lak this year end 2013.

2. yes. under 100usd, perhaps there are some hotels well recommended by members. which economy, clean, and great location near public place/ tourist spot.

3. one day trip koh tachai, and one day trip similand island.. i ve seen the tour on things to do. just want to decide which are the best.

thank you

Pekanbaru, Riau...
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: hotel in khao lak, and one day trip koh tachai and similan

note : which tour agents is the best to pick.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: hotel in khao lak, and one day trip koh tachai and similan

Hi,

Accommodation - I suggest you go to Booking.com at the following links http://tiny.cc/aybzyw or http://www.booking.com/index.en-gb.html?sid=bf25ad347df78b472d3177d97373ae51;dcid=1 put in your dates and change to US $ for prices then have a look at the list and come back for further information on any that seem to suit you.

Tours - When you have booked a hotel, it is better to go to a tour shop or kiosk near you when you are in Khao Lak and shop around for best price as they all use the same range of operators but offer competitive prices. For Similans I suggest Fantastic Similans, Medsye or Sea Star. For Tachai, Love Andaman or Kuraburi Greenview.

Pekanbaru, Riau...
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: hotel in khao lak, and one day trip koh tachai and similan

for one day trip, in high season, can it be fully booked if we make the book one day before?

because when we visited koh samui, we almost lost the one day trip to angthong, phangan, and koh tao because of fully booked.

what do you think? is it safe to book on the spot? or one month before departure?

thank you ^^

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: hotel in khao lak, and one day trip koh tachai and similan

If you want to book for a specific day then book in advance but you will probably pay a lot more for doing so. There are more boats/operators to the Similans than Tachai so I would book Tachai as soon as you arrive and book Similans at the same time but at a later date. However, do you really want/need to book both? Are you going for the snorkelling or the beauty of the island/beach? The coral at both sites is sadly not as attractive as it used to be and the range of fish is about the same. As you can spend more time on the fabulous beach at Tachai and snorkel from there and is far less crowded (perhaps 5 boats a day instead of 30 boats a day to the Tsunami) Tachai has the edge for me. You could then do another tour down to Phang Nga Bay, where you could go on a sea canoe trip, or up to Khao Sok National Park and go on a longtail boat trip on the awesome Cheow Lan Lake. Again you can book these when you arrive.

7. Re: hotel in khao lak, and one day trip koh tachai and similan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak