We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to khao lak

Save Topic
Day trip to khao lak

I know this has been asked a lot of times but I can't seem to find the tiny details I need.

My partner and I are currently staying in the JW Marriot. We would like to take a trip to Phuket but spend the day and most of the night there. Coming back as close to midnight as we can.

Has anyone done anything like this before? The tour companies keep offering us a deal but the taxi driver stays with us the while time and this is cost at about 200bht an hour which adds up over the day!

We would just like a simple drop off and pick up, alternatively are there taxis in Phuket that would take us back to khao lak??

It would be patong we would most like to visit

Thanks for any help you can give

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to khao lak

Have you contacted Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak for a quote? If not try him on cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com Also have you asked one of taxi drivers stationed outside the entrance to the JWM? That will give you a good comparison for either a one way drop off or a round trip return. Boss has more taxis going to and from Phuket Airport so is more flexible and more competitive in his quotes. You will be able to book a local taxi from Phuket but I would think late night rates would be very expensive.

You can see Boss's rates in reply #17 in the following link tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… but check with him for a return rate.

Mentioned in this post
Cheaper than Hotel Taxis
Cheaper than Hotel Taxis
1,005 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
515 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
2. Re: Day trip to khao lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 10:46