We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive at Sensimar?

Essex
Level Contributor
128 posts
16 reviews
All inclusive at Sensimar?

Hi

We like the sound of Sensimar as its couples only. On a trip advisor review someone said they liked the all inclusive option. We are not offered that option through English travel agency's, just B&b and half board, so is it something we can pay for when we arrive at hotel resort, does anyone know? and how much it costs please.

Thank you

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
1. Re: All inclusive at Sensimar?

I'd be interested in why you would want to go all inclusive.

I frequently avoid hotel breakfast even if it`s included in the price.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
2. Re: All inclusive at Sensimar?

Hardly anyone who goes to Thailand goes All inclusive as food and drink is very cheap and one of the best aspects of thailand is it's food and restaurants, it would be a real shame so go B&B it's the best option.

Essex
Level Contributor
128 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: All inclusive at Sensimar?

Thanks for your reply and yes I know that its not the norm. We have been to different parts of Thailand four times in the past, room only or b&b. We are travelling with friends and this can be a better option for us. All in. doesnt stop us eating out at times. I hope someone can help with my query.

Thanks

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
4. Re: All inclusive at Sensimar?

The best option would be to contact the Sensimar direct. If the option is being offered in some packages then they would costed it out and could offer you some numbers per person/per day.

As Chrella says it`s a quite alien concept to Thailand and not many people here would have come across it. Remembering that a lot of tourists in Thailand are upmarket backpackers.

My brother-in-law goes all in with Spanish holidays so much so that I don't think he steps out the gates of the resorts. I think he`s mad but happy and that`s what matters.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: All inclusive at Sensimar?

The only resorts offering AI at the moment in Khao Lak are the Apsara on Pakaramg Beach, the Merlin on Khao Lak Beach, the Bay Front on Sunset Beach and the Bhandari on Nang Thong Beach. The Sensimar is a B&B Resort and does not offer AI to guests as an option locally. The main difference between AI in Khao Lak and other places that offer AI is that many AI resorts offer an extensive range of watersports, particularly motorised ones, to attract visitors. There are no motorised watersports allowed on any of Khao Lak's beaches and only very limited ones with Hobies at some places. I share the view of the others that AI for food and drink only is not justified on either quality or diversity of cuisine choices or value for money compared with B&B and enjoying the many excellent restaurants and bars, especially near the Sensimar.

Other Adeult Only Resorts are the 5* Sarojin, 4* Kantary next door on Pak Wereb Beach and 5* Beyond Khao Lak Resort further up the same beach. None are AI.

Essex
Level Contributor
128 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: All inclusive at Sensimar?

Thank you for that information and not questioning our preference at this time.

. I can understand what people are saying about b&b as opposed to all inclusive but surely it's a matter of choice. If its being offered then why not use if it suits the individual . We are middle aged and for one reason or another its preferable for us.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: All inclusive at Sensimar?

I don't think people are questioning you, it's just that Thailand in general and Khao Lak in particular was not developed for AI resorts which other destinations like the Caribbean, Dominica, Cuba etc were and where resorts are usually remote from local restaurants, bars and natural beauty and where, sadly, in some cases guests are virtually imprisoned in their resorts for personal safety reasons. We've stayed in and enjoyed AI in Jamaica and hated it in Cancun but neither compare with Khao Lak. But whichever way you do it, come and enjoy Khao Lak.

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
8. Re: All inclusive at Sensimar?

Send the hotel a message and see what they have to say. I`ve found that some hotels do try that little bit extra for requests and they might even create something for your personally. It would be a good catch for the hotel if they could take care of all your needs.

But, like Arandora, Kkao Lak is a frequent visit for us and we have sampled what is outside the hotels. It`s extremely friendly, even the tailors are kind of nice :-)

(think I have the right place)

www.khaolak-beachfront.com/contact.html

info@khaolak-beachfront.com

Essex
Level Contributor
128 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: All inclusive at Sensimar?

Thanks for that. So if we went b&b for two weeks how much spending money do you think we will need for two people for lunch, evening meal, bottle red wine, a few beers and couple of vodka and cokes daily. Are they cafe's, or restaurants, outside hotels? We've done it before in Thailand but not for a few years so can't remember. Prices change anyway like everything else.. We have been going to Antigua, Grenada, Mexico ,Dom Rep etc past few years all inclusive. It's brilliant when there's a few friends, so much easier. Some eat and drink more than others! To visit Thailand now is expensive and can be a long and drawn out journey from England, changing planes twice and waiting hours in between. We used to fly with Thai International which is,expensive now. The Dreamliner has prompted us to return and we're really excited about it.

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
10. Re: All inclusive at Sensimar?

Eating at the hotel can sometimes be a little bit more expensive than eating out and Khao Lak, because it`s touristy, can be a bit more expensive than other parts of Thailand.

Thai Food

Bottle water 10-20 thb

A snack (BBQ chicken on a stick or a Pancake) 20 to 40 thb

Most other dishes (soups, noodle, prawn, stir-fries) around 100 thb per portion

A whole fish about 300 thb

Beer 100 thb for a large bottle and spirits about 200thb a glass.

If you smoke, cigarettes 100thb (2 pounds)

We smoke, splash out a little, lunch, dinner, beer, street snacks and supplies from 7-11 for around 15-20 pounds a day for 2 people. Sometimes more sometimes less. I`ve no idea about the price of western style (steaks etc). That 7-10 pounds a day is just good food, full belly but not posh. You could easily spend more if you wanted that little bit extra service.

A night of cocktails will push the amount up quite a bit. I think Arandora has a better idea of the price lists stored in his brain.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak