We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halal food

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Halal food

Hi. I will be in Khao Lak for a few days next week. I will be staying at The Sands. Last year, when went to Khao Lak, I tried to look for the halal Falah restaurant that I read about but couldn't find it. Had it been closed down? Is there any other alternative other than Indian food? I don't mind any distance as I have a rental car. What about the town of Takua Pa? Is it worth driving there?

Another question. Where can I find the tsunami boat? Is it near to any landmark?

Thank you in advance.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Halal food

The Falah Restaurant is less than 1km north in between the Sands and Bang Niang on the left hand side of the restaurant. Several "Indian" Restaurants claim to serve Halal food and are Pakistani/Nepalese owned, rather than true Indian that do not serve Halal cuisine. Takua Pa is not a Muslim town and I'm not ware of Halal restaurants there. If you drive south from Khao Lak about half way between Khao Lak and Phuket you will pass through a Muslim area easily distinguished by the large mosque at the left hand side of the highway. Not a tourist area but I'm sure there will be local Halal eating places there.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Halal food

Thanks a lot for the info. Very helpful.

3. Re: Halal food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak