We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Khao Lak Resort.

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Khao Lak Resort.

Dear All,

I'm planning a trip to the Khao Lak Resort for next winter and I have a couple of question which I hope you guy's can help me with.

Firstly, I've seem photo's on TA which show some of the bungalows having a rear access to the pool. I can't seem to find out, if I want the pool access, do I book a Deluxe "Sea-view" bungalow, or a Deluxe "Beach-front" bungalow?

Also, I've read on Agoda that Wi-fi is charged extra. It this correct? And, if so, does anyone know how much is charged?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Khao Lak Resort.

The free form pools at the KLR run parallel with the beach and Beachfront bungalows directly face the sea so access to the pools will be from their rear. Front Pool access is from the Seaview bungalows which are on the land side of the pools facing the sea.

Here are some pics of the KLR. The one at #23 shows the access to the pool from the rear of the Beachfront and from the front of the Seaview bungalows.

Although Agoda says in-room Wi-Fi is chargeable there is no mention of this on the KLR's website. I would confirm it direct with the KLR at http://www.khaolakresort.com/contact-us.html

Mentioned in this post
Seaview Patong Hotel
Seaview Patong Hotel
1,821 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Khao Lak Resort.

HI

Were off to Khao Lak Resort on Thursday so I will take as many pictures as possible for you. We are staying in a superior bungalow.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Wiltshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Khao Lak Resort.

Hi Arandora, Thanks for the clarification and quick response. This holiday research is a serious business I can tell you.

Hi Mickeydog01, Enjoy your holiday and I'll look forward to hearing what you think of KLR. Can you ask them whilst you're there about the Wi-fi? Is there a fee for use?

Thanks again.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Khao Lak Resort.

I am 99% sure the Wi-Fi is Free but will let you know.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Khao Lak Resort.

I stayed three weeks at KLR in a Deluxe "Sea-view" Bungalow last July.

If you want direct pool access you must book a Deluxe "Beach-front" Bungalow. Pool access is from the rear through the bathroom.

The Deluxe "Sea-view Bungalows front the pools, and while with some the pool deck comes literally to the front balcony/porch, there are no stairs to the deck - you must go out the side entrance to the bungalow and along a path between the bungalows to get to the pool.

As for Wi-Fi -

Last July it was not free. One had to buy a TOT card (100 Baht/15 hours) and it was very 'unreliable' - it worked sometimes and not others. This seemed to be true for both computers and smart phones. Certainly, my new HP laptop with Windows 7 'hated' the Wi-Fi system. I talked to several other guests who also had problems. After complaining several times, KLR lent me resort laptop that connected perfectly for the duration (it was running an old version of Windows XP Professional). There was talk then of upgrading/changing the system. However, I don't know if anything has happened in the meantime.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Khao Lak Resort.

Hi There Cadwomen,

Just to let you know I am sat in deluxe bungalow 211 and am using the free Wi Fi. They gave me the Wi Fi code as we checked in. Have not seen much yet as we have been here 4 hours. This room is AMAZING.

Mickeydog

Karachi
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Khao Lak Resort.

You can pick the deluxe beach front view for your needs. Its view is awesome and you can see the sunrise and sunset with ease.

8. Re: Questions about Khao Lak Resort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations