We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Grand Krabi or Ramada Khao Lak in Mid - June?

kuwait
1 post
1 review
Centara Grand Krabi or Ramada Khao Lak in Mid - June?

We are travelling to Thailand on the 17th of June and I need to make a decision now about whether to book Centara Grand Krabi from the 18th of June for 5 days or Ramada Khao Lak. My only concern is about the weather as the forums state that it is better in Khao Lak during June. I will be travelling with my hubby and two boys aged 12+ and 8 and although I want to chill out and relax, soak up the sun. massages etc I am sure the boys would want to go snorkelling and some other activities ...just to keep busy. I need advice as to what I should book. Thank you all.

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
164 reviews
1. Re: Centara Grand Krabi or Ramada Khao Lak in Mid - June?

Hi Sarvat

Centara grand is a better property compared to ramada. If you have five nights than you can try both properties also if you have chosen. Stay 3 night in 1 and another 2 night in 2nd to have the feel of both the property.

Cheers

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Centara Grand Krabi or Ramada Khao Lak in Mid - June?

Hi Sarvat

June is Wet season in both areas and equally prone to rainy periods. I don't know the Centara Grand but it would appear that it is in a beautiful but secluded location. The Ramada, which I do know very well, has been awarded top hotel in Khao Lak for the last two years and although Bang Niang, where it is located, will be quieter than the other main township of Bang La On just 10 minutes down the road with more restaurants, bars and shops remaining open, there will still be enough variety nearby for a 5 day break. The lively market held on 3 days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 2pm to 7pm is just up the road. Personally I don't think 5 days is enough to split between two locations as you will lose at least half a day of valuable time in transferring between resorts.

3. Re: Centara Grand Krabi or Ramada Khao Lak in Mid - June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak