We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

Having used Agoda a few times , with great success value wise, it is nice to see that they now include taxes and service charges in their pricing.

and a few "very good deals ' sometimes appear.

Also for those researching accommodation pricing, using the trip advisor page of the property shows a good selection of online booking providers.. and prices..

just might make choosing a little easier...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

Agoda's prices on my Browser (IE 10) do NOT include taxes and service charge in the headline prices. After completing a search on several hotels in Khao Lak and selecting a room type, on the second page it says "Service charge 10% not included, Hotel tax 7% not included" and you only get the final price after completing the booking. So nothing has changed as far as I can see. Tried it with Firefox too with same result. Agoda's sister site Booking.com does include taxes and charges also. With Agoda you may find that when you book the amount shown in your currency will not be the amount charged to your credit card as they employ a system called Dynamic Currency Conversion which uses the rate of their "home" bank which may be different to the converted price you were expecting.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,743 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

Alan, once you've entered your dates, next to the room type it now states that -

"included in room price: Service charges 10%,Hotel tax 7%"

You no longer need to select the room to advance to the next page in order to see the daily rate inclusive of all taxes.

Cheers

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

Hi guys

I'm getting the same information as Arandora. "Service charge 10% not included, Hotel tax 7% not included" I'm on google Chrome. Tried on agoda.com and agoda.co.uk.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,743 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

Hi Lushlynds,

I've selected a random hotel and dates. Try this link http://tinyurl.com/koekgoa

In the room type box it states that taxes and service charges are included.

Cheers

Edited: 21 May 2013, 04:42
Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

Nothing changed for me accessing the site from Thailand, still says tax not included.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,743 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

Must only be a special treat for us Aussies:)

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

It appears that the .com.au site does show the (max) price you pay. Seem to remember some law passed about displaying total price down under recently.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

Absolutely correct. From July 1, 2013 ALL additional/miscellaneous charges MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE FIRST DISPLAYED PRICE for marketing/advertising/promotions in Australia. I have just booked a week at The Landmark Hotel in Bangkok using Agoda and the 7% and 10% additional charges ARE included in the displayed prices.

Very heavy penalties apply from June 1 for purveyors failing to display the full price. It will be interesting to see how our airlines respond who are notorious for ludicrously low fares then they load up big time on the miscellaneous so that the end result is almost the same as buying a full fare.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

FP,

I thought it must have been because I did my search last night and my eyes were tired but I've used your link and the results on the first page of several random searches under Room Type all show

"Not included in room price: Service charges 10%, Hotel tax 7%."

I think Jamie is correct that services and taxes now have to be included on any business transacted from Australia. It's a pity that Agoda have not made that a universal requirement as it is the most common criticism against them that you are not comparing like with like on headline prices.

Perth
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Online...Agoda now include all taxes and charges.

About time too! And yes, it should be universal.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations