We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak to Krabi - ideas on trips

England
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Khao Lak to Krabi - ideas on trips

Hi, im volunteering as a teacher in Khao Lak for two weeks in June. I then have 2 weeks to travel around and was hoping to go to Ao Nang and Ko Lanta. I was wondering if anyone had any trips/tours they would recommend, or places to stay on a budget?

Also any tips on travelling from Khao Lak down to Krabi?

Thanks!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Khao Lak to Krabi - ideas on trips

You probably realise that July is the Wet Season in Khao Lak as it is in Krabi, both Ao Nang and Ko Lanta, albeit you will probably get a lot of sun and hopefully not a lot of rain but tours will be limited, particularly sea based ones. I don't know which organisation you are volunteering with but I'm sure the leaders and other volunteers will advise on cheapest way to get down to Krabi. The Krabi forum is probably the best place to get recommendations for budget accommodation there and tours at that time of year, although if you have a look at Things to Do on the green menu at the top of the page and Top Questions on the right you should get some ideas there.

England
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Khao Lak to Krabi - ideas on trips

Thank you! Yeah I know its the rainy season - im hoping that there will still be some sun to be had!!

Thanks ill go and take a look!

3. Re: Khao Lak to Krabi - ideas on trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak