We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friendly Restaurant, near Kantary

Oz
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Friendly Restaurant, near Kantary

Friendly is now closed. The cook Khun Parn is now in Trang. He may be opening a restaurant at Bansak next year. I'm trying to find Khun Sak to determine if Friendly is ever to reopen. More later if I learn of anything else.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friendly Restaurant, near Kantary

No doubt moving to near the new Gracelands where he expects to get more business but there are already a number of restaurants ready and more on the way for when it becomes fully operational later this year. In the High season I have to say that there was rarely many diners at Friendly with guests going right to the restaurants on White Sand Beach or right to the Boatyard. So good luck to him at Bangsak. It always happens in Thailand. Build a new resort and a flood of new restaurants open nearby, more than the capacity at the resort demands and they just end up taking business off each other. I hope it is not that stretch of Pak Weeb Beach from the Beyond to the creek just past the Mai Khao Lak which some refer to also as Bang Sak, as that is a typical example of where there were two restaurants before the Mai opened, now there are ten or more and every spare piece of beach frontage has been taken up. Ma Ma Lek's, one of the originals there still does most business but the others attract only a handful all day when we are there.

2. Re: Friendly Restaurant, near Kantary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations