We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merlin Resort Rooms & Pools

U.K
Level Contributor
212 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Merlin Resort Rooms & Pools

Just booked to go to this hotel, and was just wondering if anyone could recommend any good room Nos.

We would like to be near the beach and a good pool. I understand there are four pools but can't seem to find any information or a map showing where the pools are or how big.

Also I have read that no sunbeds are allowed on the beach can anyone tell me why?

Thanks for any help & advise anyone can give me.

Eve

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Merlin Resort Rooms & Pools

Eve, please email Ching at the Merlin Khoa Lak and she will send you a map of the resort of all the rooms and plus the new wing.

3241 is a pool access room above the main pool which also makes the waterfall into the main pool, or the corner room above which faces the ocean and is above the main pool and looks across the lovely grounds 3243.

The 4 pools are dotted throughout the Merlin, and the pool access pools run down both sides I must say best looking grounds in South Khoa Lak.

Im sure that either one wouldnt dissappoint, we have stayed there for several years now and The Merlin is a fantastic resort, the no sunbeds on the beach....... is to keep the beach as natural as possible. The way the Merlin is set out you have a very wide frontage of the resort which is all lawn and then it drops down to the beach, the ocean is just a couple of feet away......the view is heaven :) you dont need to be on the beach.

There are heaps of little bars and restuarants just outside the Melin which are also very safe to eat or drink at, enjoy your stay...........

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Merlin Resort Rooms & Pools

Hi Eve

Merlin is a beautiful resort, we have stayed twice and going back for a third stay in Oct, (can't wait) we always have a pool access room, ours is number 3127 and access into the top pool, which then cascades down into the main pool with a few pool access rooms into the smaller lagoon pools running down between the cascades, just beautiful :)

my Dughter had room 3145 which accesse's into the main pool and is closer to the beach if you want to be in the main pool, any of these and the ones that lushdaz mentioned are good, the deluxe rooms are above the pool access rooms in this section, all in blocks of 4 villa type buildings, very pretty

I am sure that you will love it at Merlin Resort and you won't be disapointed in any of the rooms, plenty of everything you need outide of the resort too

lushdaz has given you a very good discription of Merlin and I totaly agree....best grounds in south Khao Lak...its still our favourite resort anywhere to date :)

here's a link to a few photos we took around there: http://tiny.cc/3oq7w

have a great holiday and stay at Merlin

cheers

Mossy :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Merlin Resort Rooms & Pools

"Also I have read that no sun beds are allowed on the beach can anyone tell me why?"

In theory no sun beds are allowed on the beach beyond the high water mark on any beach in Thailand. They are supposed to remain on the cartilage of the property. I understand that is based on the premise that there are no private beaches in Thailand, they are all "the King's Beach" and therefore public beaches. However, not many places observe the Municipality Law - have a look at Patong Beach in the middle of High Season or even White Sand Beach in Khao Lak and you will see rows and rows of loungers down to the waterline. Some resorts advertise their "private beach" but this is nor true, just that usually they are in a remote or secluded area and not many beach walkers (like us!) go there. Khao Lak Beach, where the Merlin is located is the first beach area you reach from Phuket and was the first beach to be developed and apart from a short time when some of the neighbouring resorts put loungers on the beach (but not the Merlin) the beach has remained a sun bed free zone. This is much a practical matter as one of respecting the convention since the tide, even in the Dry Season comes right up to the promenade running in front of the resorts alongside the Merlin and swamping sun bathers. The sun beds at the Merlin are on the very spacious grassed area in front of the resort directly facing the beach and ocean.

Here are more pics from earlier of the year of Khao Lak Beach showing the Merlin and south towards the adjoining Poseidon Beach from pics 17 onwards https:/…

U.K
Level Contributor
212 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Merlin Resort Rooms & Pools

Thank you all for your great replies.

All the information you have given is really helpful.

Lushdaz I will email Ching for a map of the resort & Mossy / Arandora thank you for attaching your great photos.

Thanks again Eve.

5. Re: Merlin Resort Rooms & Pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations