We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

Kinmel Bay
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

Hi Iam looking at spending a few days in Khao Lak during my next trip to Patong in August, can anybody recommend best method of travel to Khao Lak from Patong

Also any reccomendations for a good beach hotel, that we can have a few beers at while the sun goes down, we both like to snorkel and swim during the day.

Thanks as always

Paul

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

Hi

First transfers to Khao Lak. Contact Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak on cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com or cheaperkhaolak1@gmail.com He charges 1700 baht from Patong to Khao Lak and is highly recommended on this forum.

Second in relation to accommodation, plenty of choice for beachfront accommodation but none from which you can snorkel. There are no sites from any of the 25km of Khao Lak coastline where you can snorkel whether in the Wet or Dry Seasons because of the absence of any inshore reefs and the constant movement of the ocean. Also be aware that swimming in the sea in the middle of August must be undertaken with great care because of tides and currents. There are only a few resorts that employ lifeguards or fly warning flags.

In the absence of knowing how much you want to pay for accommodation or its standard the Nang Thong Bay Resort (also known as NTBR1 - see http://www.nangthong.com/ ) and sister resort Nang Thong Beach Resort (NTBR2 - see http://www.nangthong2.com/ ) are excellent great value resorts on Nang Thong Beach with easy access to the main township of Bang La On just up the road where you will find most restaurants, bars and shops open.

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
2. Re: Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

I second Arandora`s recommendation of Boss. His starting rates for taxis are much cheaper than anything you`ll find in Phuket.

Just as an alternative, if your travelling in the daytime. Get a songthaew into Phuket town bus station then hop on a bus heading north, the ticket clerks will get you on the next bus. It`s a bit of a longer trip but a nice experience to have. You can see a bit more of the scenery being higher up and travelling slower than in a car. Cost around 200thb in total.

A nice Thai lady shared her pineapple slices with me the last time I was travelling back to Phuket from Khao Lak. The downside was I was sitting on the floor on a full bus. You`ll get a seat no problem from the bus station.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

If you want to get to Khao Lak by bus you can catch the free airport shuttle up to the highway and wait for a bus there or you can stay on the shuttle to Phuket Town and catch the bus there.

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
4. Re: Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

@Arandora

"free airport shuttle" ? I know about the orange bus between the Airport and Phuket Town, thats was not free the last time I boarded.

Didn`t know about anything from Patong to airport apart from those shared vans.

5. Re: Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 19:39
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

Is this still the contact Email for for advance booking and enquiries viparat10668@hotmail.com

Any idea of prices, particularly for airport transfers and to popular resort areas on Phuket?

Edited: 22 April 2013, 17:22
Kinmel Bay
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

Thanks for all your help everyone only 30 days left in the rainy UK before 18 days of freedom, Thanks again for all the help

Paul

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

Have a great time. Enjoy the heatwave in UK next week! ;-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
69 reviews
9. Re: Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

For Phuket and surrounds, having to go back and forth via email, just to make a transfer booking, is so old school!

If you go to www.phuketshuttle.com you can book instantly. They too are also highly recommended on TA but there's another value added difference. Phuket Shuttle have a local UK and Australian phone number on their contact page to make booking and planning even easier if there are questions you would like answered promptly. They are also very price competitive.

Cheers

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: Transport from Patong to Khao Lak 6th August

I Email to Boss, 1 Email from him. What's "old school" about that? If phuketshuttle.com is price competitive, great. Competition is healthy for both those in Phuket and Khao Lak.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations