We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

khao lak resort

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
khao lak resort

hi,

we are planning to stay for 3 weeks in jan/feb in khao lak. currently we have booked lah own for the whole time, but are now considering dividing our time between lah own and khao lak resort. khao lak resort looks beatiful and the setting amazing, especially the beach. i was wondering how far khao lak resort was from the town i.e. strollable and can i book with the hotel directly, the website i found asks me for my credit card details.we have read the reviews on ta and they seem generally favourable.

thanks arandora and everyone who might have stayed there and provide some feedback.

all the best

angela

The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: khao lak resort

oops found website from last post. i've sent an email regarding availability.

Edited: 09 April 2013, 13:07
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: khao lak resort

Hi Angela

The Khao Lak Tesort is probably about the same distance to the Southern end of Bang La On as the Lah Own is to the Northern end but you pass more restaurants, bars and shops from the KLR to the centre of town than from the Lah Own. The better accomodation at the KLR is beachfront or just back from the beach in the bungalows not in the hotel block up the hillside. The La Own is a lovely bungalow resort on a rear stretch of beach as is the KLR but there are more beach restaurants near the Lah Own than the KLR.

You can book directly with the KLR but it is quite usual for booking sites to ask for credit details and safe so long as it is a secure site which you can tell if its web address begins with \\https:

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Lah Own Beach Resort
Lah Own Beach Resort
101 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: khao lak resort

I've stayed at the khao lak resort a few years back (check out my review). It's a lovely resort but is on southern tip, although its walkable to a few bars(walkers inn was a lovely friendly bar), restaurants ect. The local buses (not sure what they're called) are easy to flag down to take you to the main area. If I go back to khao lak I would stay at the khao lak resort again :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: khao lak resort

I agree with the other post, try and book a bungalow rather than a room in the main block. The bungalows are much nicer :)

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: khao lak resort

i have now sent 2 requests for details,

one using their e-mail address and the other filling out the form on their website (and no it didn’t have an http)

the latter without our credit number i might add.

i had no idea that a way of telling if a site is secure is by the //:http,

great tip i will remember that in the future.

the location and resort look ideal,

just the right thing, something a bit different.

we weren't sure if 3 weeks in the same spot would be missing out somehow and it might be a good idea to see different places.

the setting is certainly spectacular.

the bungalows look good so i have requested prices on them,

it looks from what i can see on the booking sites it’s a bit more expensive than lah own,

but we’ll see.

oh and somewheresunny is there a fitness centre in the complex, it says it on the tripadvisor but i can't find any details?

anyway thx so much again, this has been really helpful.

angela

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: khao lak resort

There is a small fitness centre near the main reception. Here are some pics of KLR from a couple of years ago https:/…

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: khao lak resort

those photos are great thanks arandora, i think i can see a cross trainer through the window :)

angela

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: khao lak resort

i have just checked the hotel website, their prices are a lot more expensive, even than hotel.com. do the hotels offer these agents such a large discount?

i wonder is hotel.com a reasonable to book with or is there a sting in the tail.

the resort hasn't responded yet, will keep you informed.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: khao lak resort

Booking direct these days with so many on-line agencies is in my experience not the cheapest and is often the most expensive option and yes 3rd party rates can be substantiually lower than booking direct. If you mean hotels.com (not hotel.com) then they are a reputable international booking agency. Try also sawasdee.com, booking.com, asiarooms.com, hotelscombined.com, asiatravel.com and agoda.com but ensure the price quoted includes taxes and service charges, Agoda's don't, for instance, on the first page. Also check the terms and conditions carefully before confirming a booking.

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: khao lak resort

just a quick update,

i think we have decided to stay at lah own for the whole 3 weeks and have a look round different places for next year, maybe include a couple of days in 4 or 5 star as well.

it is really the sensible thing to do as funds presently are a tad tight and we are lucky to be able to afford a summer holiday as well. this year.

but thx arandora for your help, yes i meant hotels.com, i think reading on the ta faq about hotel booking website that they are part of the expedia, so would have been safe.

really looking forward it, only 253 days to go ;)

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations