We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Khao Lak

Melbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Khao Lak

Hi all, I arrived in Khao Lak on Thursday morning and am loving it so far. I am here with my mother and my 7 year old daughter and we are staying at the Sands. I have walked up the rd just outside the hotel and there are a few shops but I am just wondering if this is the main drag in Khao Lak or I should be going somewhere else. I am loving the quiet relaxation but also like a little wonder and shop. Any advice?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Khao Lak

How far "up the rd just outside the hotel" have you walked? The Sands is at the northern end of Bang La On which is the main township of Khao Lak which has most restaurants, bars and shops, stretching south down from the Sands to the end of the dual carriageway on either side.

For more shopping of all sorts there is the 3 times a week market less than 10 minutes up the road by taxi in Bang Niang. The market is open on Modays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from about 2pm to 7pm.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Khao Lak

With a 7 year old probably a ten minute stroll to where all the shops and cafes are. Better still go out the beach side of your hotel turn left and walk to near Nang Thong Bay Resort, or if high tide, Green Beach Resort and walk up to Nang Thong supermarket corner from there.

Also if you love great Thai food walk up the driveway to the main road, turn left and 50 metres away is The Orchid, the best thai food we've found anywhere in Thailand or Oz.

Edited: 07 April 2013, 06:24
3. Re: First time in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak