We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Taxis

Hi - does anyone know the best way to get to Khao Lak? (we are arriving next week, yay!) I have tried to contact Boss taxi's but am not getting any answer....any advice greatly appreciated!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis

JuSt keep trying Boss on both his email addresses as advised on Phuket forum or call him on 085-786-1378

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
410 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis

Don't worry camel_1985. It is just an hour apart from Phuket town and it is not far away. I use to take local bus from Phuket town to Khao Lak on adhoc basis and I believe there is taxi that would bring you there as well when you arrive. Cheers!!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis

Phuket Town to Khao Lak is more like two hours. If you are coming straight from the airport then Boss not bus is best option.

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis

The bus station is in the wrong direction but the bus stop is just out on the highway.

Boss around 1200 thb

Taxi to bus stop (200 thb), bus (150thb) + 16 large bottles of Chang from 7-11 total around 1200 thb. :-)

If you get stuck, the airport is full of taxi drivers who can be bargained down to a reasonable price. Time of arrival is also a consideration.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
410 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis

@Arandora, Yes you are right. I miswritten as it was 2 hours from Phuket town to Khao Lak. It was 5 years ago and attached is my blog article on Khao Lak for knowledge sharing.

…blogspot.com/2008/04/diving-trip-to-liveabo…

@Jamie, very good comparison on the cash spends on bus. I totally agree with you to take taxi or Boss to minimise the hassle of taking bus. Anyway I was trying to comfort the OP since OP cannot reach Boss.

I am trying to provide information that it is easy to reach Khao Lak from Phuket no matter what happen. Cheers!!!

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis

@joeycw

"...... it is easy to reach Khao Lak from Phuket no matter what happen"

I think the above statement applies to nearly all of Thailand when trying to get between larger towns and cities. It`s just that most people are not aware and can`t read Thai. When they arrive at Phuket airport the first and last thing a lot of people see is the Limmo Booth charging massive prices.

Mr Boss does offer good prices compared to the price available at the airport. When I arrive and it`s dark I use his service but in daytime I take the beer option :-)

7. Re: Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak