We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

After 'falling in love' with Khao Lak last summer, I was planning to return and stay at Khao Lak Resort again this summer (but the price for a Deluxe Bungalow has risen by more than 50% over what I paid last year). While researching Khao Sok National Park hotels (I had planned on spending 3 nights 'up there' in the middle of the trip and returning to Khao Lak) I happened across a deal on the Andaman Princess website - 50 sqm Deluxe Room w/bkf, in-room Wi-Fi and free R/T transfers from/to HKT for 1200 THB/night (tax & service fees included)... for 30 night booking (non-refundable). I took the plunge and booked.

Now, I'm wondering if I've made a mistake and am going to be in solitary 'confinement' on a deserted island... LOL. Does anyone have any experience with what Koh Kho Khao will be like in July/August?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

KKK is very quiet in High Season. In Low Season it is very, very quiet with low visitor numbers. Local restaurants, near the pier, so not far from the Andaman Princess, will open or not reflecting customers at the time. The Andaman Princess overlooks the ocean with beach access to the side. Weather conditions will determine whether indeed that beach is accessible. 3 nights of peaceful solitude rather than solitary confinement! :-)

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

Okay... thanks.

P.S. that's 30 (three with a zero) nights of 'peace & solitude'. Should I take a volleyball I can name "Wilson" to keep me company?... LOL.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

Sorry,

I picked up the 3 nights on KKK being an alternative to Khao Sok. I'm aftraid, much that I like KKK, 3 nights in High Season would be enough for me!

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

Okay... thanks.

P.S. that's 30 (three with a zero) nights of 'peace & solitude'. Should I take a volleyball I can name "Wilson" to keep me company?... LOL.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

hi have stayed at the Andaman princess kkk and after 6 nights was glad of the peace and quiet and was ready to move on.

30 nights is to long in my opinion on what is a very small island with not much to do and think you will be making regular trips to the mainland via the ferry or longtail boats at the harbour.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

Well, I'm committed now (the booking is non-refundable)... and I may well be 'committed' after 30 days there.

On the bright side:

- I'm really good at doing nothing,

- I'll have my computer and the in-room Wi-Fi is free,

- apparently they have an extensive DVD movie library (and a player in the room),

- I'll take several books... I always wanted the read 'War and Peace',

- I'll rent a scooter and can do day trips to Khao Sok National Park,

- Khao Lak is only about 30 min. south,

- the pool is huge and looks absolutely fantastic (one of the most important things for me).

On the down side, I just looked at the resort's 'Availability Chart' and I'm the only person booked during that time period.

Questions:

What time does the ferry/long tails stop running at night? If I were to take a taxi down to Khao Lak, do some shopping, go for dinner and hit Saki Bar until midnight, would I be able to get back onto Koh Kho Khao?

Perhaps I'll post a daily, 'live' trip report here... and people can follow my slow decent into madness.

Edited: 02 April 2013, 01:40
canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
156 reviews
7. Re: Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

the other book i can recommend is ulysses by james joyce, according to hubby a master piece, myself i never got past the first page.

really hope it goes well gl :))

angela

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

Longtail passenger ferries that take a scooter run 24/7. Khao Sok NP could be a hazardous trip by scooter if the rains descend. Also parts of the NP close during the Wet Season.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
9. Re: Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

hi ,if he is open look up mr.sid at chili restaurant and bar good food and he can arrange some inexpensive trips especially fishing at sea.if it interests you.

10. Re: Andaman Princess & Koh Kho Khao in 'Green Season'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak