We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surin islands tour with Khao Lak Land Discovery

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
Surin islands tour with Khao Lak Land Discovery

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has done a surin islands tour or koh Taichi tour with Khao Lak Land discovery? If you have, it would be great to hear what your experience was like.

We are looking for small groups in the boat and tour companies that avoid the crowds so if anyone has a recommendation, we'd love to hear it.

Thank you!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Surin islands tour with Khao Lak Land Discovery

We've done Similans with Khao Lak Land Discovery which was excellent and Tachai with Love Andaman, also excellent. All tours use speedboats generally carrying upto 30 or 40 pax but Love Andaman, who also do Similans claim to book less than full capacity. Fantastic Similans us another good operator to Similans and Kuraburi Greenbiew to Tachai or Surin Islands.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Surin islands tour with Khao Lak Land Discovery

Thanks Alan - have just booked with them! Very excited to get back over there. I think we're arriving about the same time you leave.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Surin islands tour with Khao Lak Land Discovery

Hi Alan,

I've just found out that they can't do the trip to surin - I can't seem to find the contact details for booking with kuraburi greenview. Would you have them by any chance? Thanks heaps!

Jo

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Surin islands tour with Khao Lak Land Discovery

Hi Jo,

You book through the Kuraburi Greenview Resort at www.kuraburigreenviewresort.com/tours.html

However, unless you are adamant for a specific date, I would advise as you coming in April to wait until you arrive and book then via one of the local agents. Firstly you will get a better price, second tours in April are subject to cancellation/postponement because of sudden ocean condition changes (so better booking near the start of your stay in case you need to rearrange) and third KB Greenview are notoriously slow in answering direct enquiries (or they were!)

We have only today had a ride upto the pier at Kuraburi (to get out of the heat for a change!!!) and stopped on the highway at the resort's small restaurant that enjoys wonderful views over the resort and the mountains in the background. The coffee and club sandwich was excellent too!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Surin islands tour with Khao Lak Land Discovery

Thanks so much for the advice! We might just wait until we get there like you recommend. Fingers crossed we get better weather this year as we had rain for almost our entire stay last time. Counting down the days til we get there now :)

6. Re: Surin islands tour with Khao Lak Land Discovery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak