We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

An early message for visitors to Khao Lak April to July. The very popular Smile Restaurant is to relocate from its current location at the southern end, beach side of the highway in Bang La On to the northern end, mountain side of the highway in Bang La On nearly opposite the entrance to the Sands Resort.

It will close at its new location at the end of April and open in its new one in about July, depending on how long the fitting out of the new premises takes.

Typical of some Thai landlords when a business is successful they up the rent for a share of the profits. The owners of Smile have chosen to not renew their lease at the new rent, moving to the new premises instead.

This move will add more choice to the already good range of restaurants at that end of town, such as Tiffy's, Ma Ma Tonie's and Orchid.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

hi mr a.

will it be a bigger place?? hope franck is not going to spoil a good thing with big ideas of getting more punters in and the quality and ambience he has built up all but disappears as that would be a real shame

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

Au contraire, mon ami (that's the Francky influence!) the new premises are no bigger, probably a little smaller and his intention is to make it a more intimate venue for discerning diners. So I think advance bookings will still be necessary certainly in High Season.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
1 review
3. Re: Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

Francky is a true businessman - top move to be opposite The Sands. Not as close to NTBR2 though. : -(

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

Nearer to Bang Niang though!!! ;-) The exercise will do you good! :-)

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
89 reviews
5. Re: Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

We fly in 1 May, we were both looking forward to another couple of meals at Smile. Bad timing or what!!

Alan do you have an exact date he is closing? Would love it to be a week into May!

It will be a great selection of restaurants in the one area when they do move to the north end. We already walk from NTBR1 to Orchid, so walking there to eat at Smile won't be a problem for us.

Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

Exciting news can't wait to try out the new place we love Franks wife's cooking especially her sweet dishes :-) see you in October x

Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

Exciting news can't wait to try out the new place we love Franks wife's cooking especially her sweet dishes :-) see you in October x

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

tezzat

No firm date yet. I will post it as soon as I find out. I think the existing lease runs out at the end of April so I would not expect it to be much after that, if at all.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
89 reviews
9. Re: Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

Here's hoping for a few days of May!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Heads Up: Smile Restaurant to relocate

We get there on 27 April, I might book now...

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak