We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomadation help

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Accomadation help

I will be in khao lak in a few weeks and after some suggestions. I will be travelling alone and just need somewhere cheap to park for the night and nearby to a good resteraunt.

Last time in khao lak we stayed at nang thong bay resort and there was a nice resteraunt across the rd on the way to the main street with rooms but I can't remember the name of it. It also had a big pond with lots of fish. If anyone can help with the name or other suggestion that would be great.

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomadation help

Have look at this link to a comprehensive list of accommodation by area throughout Khao Lak www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

Not familiar with the one you are referring to but hopefully someone else might recognise it.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomadation help

Khao Lak Oriental Resort?

About 100 metres up the road towards the highway from Nang Thong Bay Resort.

It has a large restaurant area at the front and accomodation behind it.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomadation help

Davnic1 I think the resort you're thinking of is Happy Lagoon Bungalow. It's on the right hand side of the road that takes you up to Nang Thong Supermarket.

They don't seem to have their own website but this agoda link has a good photo:

agoda.com/asia/…happy_lagoon_bungalow.html

Khao Lak Oriental Resort is on the beach road just north of Khao Lak Bhandari Resort.

Edited: 18 March 2013, 12:03
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomadation help

Happy Lagoon contact details are included in the Sea Dragon list.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomadation help

Thanks for all of the replies.

Happy lagoon was the place I was thinking of, I remember paying for lunch and noticed a sign advertising rooms cheap.

And thanks Arandora for the link.

6. Re: Accomadation help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations