We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

styrx
Level Contributor
234 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

Hi Khao Lak lovers, we have just returned from a wonderful 1 week vacation in paradise. We had a blast as always, just doing nothing but swimming, eating and drinking. I have updated my travel blog and you are welcome to view it. It's picture intensive as I believe a picture tells a thousand words. A word of warning though; don't get hungry after reading it!

www.travelathousandmiles.com/category/phuket/

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
447 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

What a wonderful report pics were lovely we have just returned yesterday from Phuket and Khoa Lak just looking at your pics brought happy memories back.

styrx
Level Contributor
234 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

Thank you. I am sure you had a wonderful time in Phuket? We love this beach paradise a lot, and always make it a point to visit every year. Have you started planning for your next trip yet?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

Excellent blog, including the section and pics on Khao Lak. However, I do hope you are wrong that "it will be like Phuket in the near future". Whilst it is expanding and changing in its character, as it must to survive in the search for visitors, I believe the linear nature with 25km of beaches separated by the highway from the mountains will preclude the over intensive development that has taken place in the popular Phuket destinations. I am heartened by the development of the highway in Bang Niang with similar planned for Bang La On that has exposed more local restaurants and businesses to visitors and the lack, so far, of designer shops or shopping malls as on Phuket means, I believe, there won't be enough "bling" that attracts visitors from certain countries. They can't even build a large Tesco Lotus or any other superstore because there has to be at least 5km between it and nearest school or Wat (temple) and those who know Khao Lak will know that is just not possible.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
396 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

lovely read and photos - thanks :)

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

great report, especially the photos of the food.

really looking forward to trying all those flavours and tastes.

277 days to go.

:))

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

I really enjoyed reading your blog and looking at the photos.. The room and balcony brought back memories of our stay at the Marriott. It is a lovely hotel.

styrx
Level Contributor
234 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

Marriott has got to be the best resort we ever stayed in Thailand. The staffs were all friendly and hardworking; you can tell that they really enjoy their job, kudos to the management! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in those 3 days. Really hope to return in the near future. I certainly hope Khao Lak will not be over developed like Patong in the near future!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

Great blog and photos and really makes me wish I was there now.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

Excellent blog, glad you enjoyed Khao Lak.

I going to have to try Kru Suwit in Phuket when we come in May, looks great.

styrx
Level Contributor
234 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phuket & Khao Lak trip report

@tezzat, IMO comparing Kan Eang2 and Kru Suwit, I prefer the food at KE. Maybe I am a bit biased at I always eat there when I visit Phuket! But I feel the quality is really good and seafood fresh even though it is not caught live from the sea like Kru Suwit. No doubt about it the ambience at Kru Suwit is fantastic especially if you are dining there during sunset. I guess it won't go wrong if you visit both and decide?

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak