We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott or Ramada?

Brisbane AUS
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
JW Marriott or Ramada?

Hi

I have spent hours weighing up the 2 resorts so I am hoping someone can help please.

Hubby & I are planning our 1st trip to Khao Lak (but 4th trip to Thailand since 2008) in mid November.

We have stayed in Phuket the last 3 times (Katathani twice, Holiday Inn Busakorn wing villa twice & Merlin Beach once) but we want to go somewhere different and less touristy.

I want a great beach, an awesome pool, not too many kids and restaurants near by.

The ramada is cheaper (basic rooms both hotels) but I really want to see the huge pool at the Marriott.

Has anyone stayed in both to compare?

Thanks in advance

S

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
Katathani Phuket Beach...
4,636 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,847 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott or Ramada?

hi,

i think you have answered your own question in that you want to see the pool at the jwm.

personally have stayed at the jwm and not the ramada,and yes the pool is huge ,the rooms are probably one of the best in the area,it also has a very good quan spa.

there are a few beach restaurants and a couple of more at the entrance to the hotel and after that you will need transport into town where as at the ramada you have a lot more variety of restaurants etc in the bang niang area all within walking distance.

it really is a decision that i think you have to make on the location either walking distance to town or more secluded with a very large pool.

leeds
Level Contributor
126 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott or Ramada?

Have a week in both - that's what we are doing next year !!! Had 2 weeks this time at JWM this year - it's amazing , but secluded , so if you want more shops/ restaurants the ramada is a good choice - you won't be disappointed with either .

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriott or Ramada?

Pics from our last stay at JWM at https:/… and from visiting friends at Ramada at https:/…

In November the beach restaurants near both resorts should be open but there are more dining opportunities within easy walking distance at the Ramada than the JWM where you will need to catch the shuttle or taxi if you want more.

The JWM is bigger and more facilities and the direct access rooms into the "river" feeding into the huge main pool are excellent. The ground floor lanai rooms and the more recemt jacuzzi rooms at the Ramada are great too.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JW Marriott or Ramada?

I agree with nipnip, why don't you split it up, first week in the JWM to relax then the other at the Ramada where you are more central for a better choice of restaurants.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JW Marriott or Ramada?

We stayed at JWM last year and then went back to La Flora where we had stayed before. La Flora is next to the Ramada and I prefer the location there as there is more going on than at the Marriott which is secluded. Having said that though, I did love the Marriott and would go again just for a few days though.

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,134 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Brisbane AUS
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JW Marriott or Ramada?

Hi

Thank you for the tips everyone. Trying both is a great suggestion.

S

7. Re: JW Marriott or Ramada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak