We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Hi my wife and are are looking to go for 2-3 weeks we our 9 months old daughter, any suggestions or tips for traveling with a baby??

Also any recommendations on parts to visit, tours and weather in May all baby friendly??

All help gratefully received, first trip away with our baby and no idea what to do :-(

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,158 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Copied from your other post:

Bart-Murphy, welcome to the forum, but no need to post so many times! Anyway, travelling with a baby to Thailand is very easy especially if you pick the right spot. May is traditionally the start of rainy season, but that doesn't mean rain all the time (the east coast around Samui generally has better weather at that time of year).

Khao Lak and Ao Nang are both family friendly, laid back places that are good to go to with a baby. I would suggest though staying somewhere close to a supermarket like Tesco Lotus or Big C where you can get nappies and other baby supplies - what do you plan on feeding your baby whilst on holiday?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

There's no Tesco Lotus or Big C in Khao Lak but baby supplies readily available in Nang Thong Supermarket and others.

There is loads of information about Khao Lak in the Top Question FAQs on the right. If you give an indication of your daily budget for accommodation, the type (hotel or bungalow resort) it will help to give you some suggestions.

Here is a link to a list of accommodation throughout Khao Lak www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm and here a map of the area to locate the various parts khaolakyellowpages.com/wordpress/…

You perhaps should look at accommodation on Nang Thong Beach which is just down from the main township of Bang La On, Bang Niang (the next main township) and Khao Lak (South) Beach, as these are nearest to restaurants and shops.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
3. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2013, 19:37
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Khao Lak is a very relaxing place, I would organize a day at a time as with a baby you can never plan ahead.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Thank you for the tips, first time in the Forum so still a novice!

Food wise we were going to bring from home jars etc this isn't ideal as until we have made all ourself and haven't used at all but for ease of traveling and day trips etc this would work.

Useful to know there are plenty of places there to pick bits up.

In terms of getting around would you say we should bother bringing a push chair or just leave at home, are places push chair friendly?

Also in terms of transfers, day trips and taxis did anyone being a car seat or just keep the baby on your lap??

Regarding budget for hotel, not sure really as haven't been before and not sure what to expect. We like good quality places with excellent facilities and locations. Maybe £100-150 per day???

Thanks for all your help guys.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

your hotel budget is huge by khao lak standards so you should have no trouble finding some great places to stay. At that time of year you can often get some 'free' nights. As others have said, there is generally a good response to little ones in hotels. I would certainly bring your pushchair, and make sure your hotel has a lift (ours does not) or stay on the ground floor.

As Arandora says, we saw lots of baby supplies in the supermarket.

I wonder if Boss taxis can supply car seats in his vehicles?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Boss supplies baby seats, costs a couple of hundred baht extra but well worth it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Really helpful thanks all

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,158 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

I would bring a small, cheap, umbrella pushchair for the baby for walking around in the evening etc and somewhere for baby to sit when you are eating. Even though pavements etc not so great, still good for putting baby in instead of having to carry and then everyone gets too hot.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Thank you I found another website in another forum where the taxi company have car seats and hire pushchairs to use while away which would be great as I'm sure we'll have enough to drag through the airport as it is.

Hadn't used forums until now and now I'm addicted :-)

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak