We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boss, Surat Thani to Khao lak?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Boss, Surat Thani to Khao lak?

Would Boss drive that far?

How long do you think the journey would be?

Or are we better off getting train back to Bkk then air asia to phuket?

M.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boss, Surat Thani to Khao lak?

Yes. He does the trip regularly and takes about 3 hours so overall quicker and probably cheaper than AirAsia option. Contact him for quote.

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boss, Surat Thani to Khao lak?

I think he should, you would have to email him for a quote. But even taking a bus would be easier and much quicker than heading back to Bangkok.

Your drive from Phuket to Khao Lak would already be the same as 1/2 way from Surat to Khao Lak.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boss, Surat Thani to Khao lak?

Boss rate for ST (Donsak Pier) is 3700 baht - see reply no. 17 at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boss, Surat Thani to Khao lak?

Latest price I got off him 2 weeks ago was 4000.

He also gave me a price from Chumthorn Pier was 6000

I think I read somewhere there is a bus that does the Surit Thani > Khao Lak route. Also, Samui DE had heard / read that Lomprayah Ferries do a transport package deal to Khao Lak. That is if that's where you're coming from

Samui, Phangan, or Tao. The website does not reflect that yet, apparently it's only a new service. One that I have to do more homework on because we are after the same transfer.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boss, Surat Thani to Khao lak?

The price of 3700 baht is for a standard car. What was the 4000 baht quote for? How many passengers?

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boss, Surat Thani to Khao lak?

4000 was for 2 passengers Donsak Pier to The Sands. Lomprayah have transfers to Surit Thani city and train station from the Pier included in their charge. That would be closer / cheaper for Boss ?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boss, Surat Thani to Khao lak?

Details of the Lomprayah package would be appreciated if possible.

As for transfer from Surat Thani city or train station you can only ask Boss for a quote from there and compare.

8. Re: Boss, Surat Thani to Khao lak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 12:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak