We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Khao Lak for me????

London, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Is Khao Lak for me????

Hi

I am keen to travel to Khao Lak at Xmas but wanted to make sure it will be right for me and my wife. I love Thailand and have visited many of the islands and resorts. I particularly like Koh lipe and Koh Tao and enjoy chilling out watching the sunset with a nice cold beer and eating on one of the many beach restaurants. Can anyone advise if Khao Lak has plenty of beach restaurants and bars...I am not looking for a party resort but somewhere I can go and chill out with my wife and have some nice food in the evenings?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Khao Lak for me????

Yes, I think Kao Lak would suit you, it's a pretty relaxing place with a good choice of restaurants.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Khao Lak for me????

Khao Lak has over 25km of wonderful beaches and a very friendly and relaxing vibe.

This Traveler Article will give you background on the popular areas tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297914-c120551/Kha…

... this will give you a link to pics of all of the beaches from November 2012 to date tripadvisor.co.uk/…47554643

... this will give you a link to a comprehensive list of accommodation throughout Khao Lak www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

... and this to a general map of Khao Lak khaolakyellowpages.com/wordpress/…

If you give an idea of your budget for accommodation, whether you want to be near to the main areas with restaurants, bars and shops nearby or are prepared to be in a more secluded location with a few beach restaurants nearby and shuttle/taxi needed to get to town it will help with some recommendations.

Plenty of other information in the FAQs on the right.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Khao Lak for me????

hi , i think this is the place for you endorsing everything mentioned above and just to add that even in the peak season it is not unduly busy and keeps that chilled laid back vibe you are after.

do bear in mind as arandora has pointed out it has a large array of different types of accomodation and different areas to suit just about everybody apart from those requiring the party scene or jet ski type activities.

4. Re: Is Khao Lak for me????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak