We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao lak Phuket

Melbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Khao lak Phuket

I am traveling to Phuket in April and staying at the Sands Khao Lak. I have previously been to Phuket but stayed in Patong. I am looking forward to a more relaxing holiday this year compared to the madness of Patong however I am still keen to get in some shopping. Can anyone let me know if/where there is shopping near Khao Lak and how fr to the closest shopping centre.

Thanks in advance

Elizabeth

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao lak Phuket

Khao Lak is not in Phuket, its in Phangnga province north of Phuket province.

Take a look at the FAQS on the right of this page, its answered there :)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao lak Phuket

Thanks for your response I have had a look at the FAQ's to the left however can not find my answer. As I mentioned in my previous post last year we stayed in Patong and were right in the middle of markets galore. Just wondering where the nearest shopping center is and whether or not there are any Hello Kitty shops because I promised my daughter we would go t one again.:-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao lak Phuket

Hi senna

you wont get the big shopping centres and endless markets like you do in Phuket in Khao Lak, however, there are still plenty of shops around where you can buy the usual tee shirts, souveniers, bags, watches etc on either side of the road which is a duel carrigeway, in Bang La On (the main township of Khao Lak) and also some more around Bang Niang area, leading down from the highway to the beach

there are markets 3x week in Bang Niang, behind the 7/11 just off the main highway, the Saturday one is best for touristy items like sunnies, watches clothes etc but its not a massive market, although we loved it there :)

I havent been back since Sept 2011 and last time there I don't recall seeing a Hello Kitty shop but then I wasnt really looking?? so not sure on that one, sorry?

there are no Findig, Boots, Watsons or the like there, but we didnt go to Khao lak purley for shopping so it didn't worry us too much, we found enough of everything to keep us happy :)

If you do want to visit the bigger malls etc then you can do a shopping day trip out to Phuket if you wish, I know Boss of Cheaper than hotel taxis does this tour.

happy shopping and holidays, Khao Lak is beautiful

cheers

Mossy :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao lak Phuket

No shopping malls, just 1 McDonald's, no designer shops, just 25km of fabulous beaches and great restaurants. . Only 2 hours but a world away from Patong!

PS

The FAQs are on the right as indicated by rubarabbit. :-)

Mossy,

Lots of change in Khao Lak since 2011 as you will soon find out, but the qualities that make Khao Lak so appealing I hope will never change!

Edited: 12 February 2013, 20:38
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao lak Phuket

Love Bang Niang markets....Not bad shopping at all and a cool drink in the nice little corner bar at the end of the stalls beach end is just great,and nice owner too....If you play and instrument or can sing a song,He'd love to have you perform on his stage...!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao lak Phuket

As long as it doesnt change too much Alan..... but i dont think Khao Lak will ever lose its special charm....hope not anyway! ....is it mainly all the new resorts changing it? thanks for the heads up :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao lak Phuket

Ahhh Khao Lak.... how I missed it. The beach was awesome, stayed in Sheraton. <3

So much different than Phuket.

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khao lak Phuket

don't think there is a sheraton in khao lak.

maybe you mean krabi.

all the best.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Khao lak Phuket

coolitz might mean Le Meridien as it is part of the Starwood hotel group... the same as Sheraton....just a thought!

just a thought!

cheers

Mossy :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Khao lak Phuket

Hahha yeahhhh I meant Le Meridien... how could I forget lol I went there. XD

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations