We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

The website is

hotelconfirmed.com

often have nearly same heading as the hotel that you do a google search on.

they take a booking and come back with your choice as not being availiable.

"in my case the hotel had heaps of rooms " i know for certain..

and they offer a lesser room at a highly inflated price

Advise looking elsewhere..

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

Thanks for the info but it may have been the hotel that refused the booking, they will do that if they think they can sell them without having to pay the booking website commission.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

Not So...

there were a number of people following this including the reservation manager at the hotel who took particular interest in the fact that this organisation was offering accomm deals..

the hotel did not deal with them...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

The manager at the hotel question is a personal friend and it was in conjunction with procol that we alerted him to this website with which he had no contract. The hotel in question gets most of its bookings direct and with repeat customers so is very selective about which on-line agencies it needs to contract with. He had never heard of this company and certainly had no Free Night offers which if you go to the website is adverised for virtually every hotel in Khao Lak.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Western Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

Damn!! I booked with them at the beginning of the year for Kandaburi Samui over $1000 AUD and now they are not responding to my emails....not happy

Incidentally, Kandaburi is not responding to my emails either..

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

Monkeypenny,

keep hammering them with emails, from memory they had 2email addresses

just keep sending heaps.......

good luck.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

Thanks procol,

I threatened them with warnings all over tripadvisor and police notification and they responded within minutes saying they had confirmation of my booking but would refund it if we still wanted to cancel. Interesting, our bank cancelled our mastercard due to fraudulent transactions a few months ago....

I am going for the refund. I bet it's going to be a headache though.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

Just a follow up, they emailed and confirmed the booking and also offered a refund if I preferred, which I did. Refund came through without any problems a couple of weeks later. They seem to be genuine although a little slow with emails.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

Monkeypenny " They seem to be genuine although a little slow with emails." ...

Or they "may" have reacted to criticism (and threats of police action) regarding their alleged "dubious" behaviour in the hope that they can continue offering accommodation in hotels with which they have no contract ?

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

Seems to be nothing on that site apart from a login.

But it redirects to a site called "bookingconfirmed" which is hosted in the same location as a site called "ibook247". "ibook247" looks like a franchize/affiliate seller which really means I could pay my 100 US and have a JamiesHonestHolidays website running from my bedroom. The "ibook247" affiliate sites seem to use "bookingconfirmed" for payments.

It would be easy to take bookings and payment, then say the hotel is full and offer a refund (minus a nice processing fee).

Not saying any of the above is true or accurate or the companies are not genuine. But I`d be careful of any new sites out there.

10. Re: Be Very Aware Of This Online Hotel Booking Website

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 10:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak