We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any hawkers on the beach outside the jw marriott??

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
904 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Any hawkers on the beach outside the jw marriott??

Hi, just wondering if there are any hawkers/people selling stuff, on the beach outside the jw marriott? When we stayed in Samui there were lots on the beach always wondering up and down with what my husband calls 'tat'......but I love it!! I know khao lak is much quieter so just wondered if we would come across any? Many thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any hawkers on the beach outside the jw marriott??

Not a lot and not regularly. There is usually one group when we walk past set up on the beach at the bottom of the road down the side of the JWM to the beach. They probaby walk up and down in front of JWM but rarely venture as far as Ma Ma's Greeting at the far end of the row of restaurants to the right where we stay for the day. Ma Ma's has a small display of sarongs and beach wear. Not sure about other places.

Edited: 26 January 2013, 07:17
Hobart
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any hawkers on the beach outside the jw marriott??

We didn't see any hawkers on the beach while we were there in November. As you walk along the beach past the beach shack restaurants and massage huts, they do try to attract your attention, but friendly and absolutely no pressure as you wander on.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
904 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any hawkers on the beach outside the jw marriott??

Thanks everyone, I really do not mind being 'hassled' at all and love having a nosy and a bit of a haggle! Looking forward to our stay very much.

4. Re: Any hawkers on the beach outside the jw marriott??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak