We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewellers in Khao Lak

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Jewellers in Khao Lak

Hi All,

It's a couple of weeks now until we leave the snow in the UK and fly out to Khao lak. Can't wait!

We've never been before but will be staying at the Khao Lak Laguna. As it'll be my birthday whilst there I was hoping buy some jewellery/ have some bought for me.

Can anyone recommend a good jewellers shop near the Laguna? I don't want costume jewellery as I only wear gold. Can you also advise as to what's a "good buy" in the jewellery line.

Many Thanks in advance.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Jewellers in Khao Lak

No high class jewellers shops in Khao Lak, I'm afraid. Mainly souvenir, costume or silver. There is a local gold shop in Bang Niang about 10 minutes by taxi from the Laguna just before the Police Boat and another in Khuk Khak near the market, 15 minutes by taxi. The gold is the "soft" 23kt I think type and sold by weight based on the value on the day.

More choice if you are staying over in Bangkok but beware of jewelry scams.

Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Jewellers in Khao Lak

There are also plenty of jewellery shops if you take a day trip to Phuket. Over the years, we have brought a number of items and been happy with the price and quality.

Remember to bater, you could save yourself 100's.

3. Re: Jewellers in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak