We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Khao Lak and Ramada

Hornchurch, Essex
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Advice on Khao Lak and Ramada

Hi

I think we have made the right choice for a holiday but as I had never heard of Khao Lak before today (recommended to me on a separate post), I would just like to seek a second opinion.

Having read through some of the previous posts, things to do and reviews of accommodation, we are thinking of staying at the Ramada. However, I thought if I listed what we looking for in a holiday, someone may be able to say if we are making the right choice on both the resort and accommodation, so here goes!!

We like to have the option to sunbathe at a beach or round a pool.

We prefer bungalow/villa accommodation as opposed to a hotel room.

We want to stay in one place but have the opportunity to do about 3 trips.

We want to go bed and breakfast and have the choice to walk into the nearest town for a drinks and nice meals.

We like places that are reasonably lively to create an atmosphere but do not like places that are rowdy or full of fast food chain restaurants i.e McDonalds, Pizza Hut etc.

We don't have children and do not want to go somewhere that is too child orientated.

We went to Koh Samui last year and stayed at Bophut, near Fisherman's Village. We had a fab time and I would recommend it but want to go somewhere different this year.

So all things considered, do you think we are making the right choice?

Thanks in advance

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Advice on Khao Lak and Ramada

The Ramada ticks all your boxes with one possible exception, accommodation type. The main accommodation is in low rise blocks of pseudo Japanese design and fittings, although there are pool villas and villas directly on the beach. The Deluxe ground floor sala rooms (oversize patio with loungers and a day bed facing the pool) as are the newer jacuzzi rooms which are bigger and better furnished and equipped.

See pics of Ramada at https:/…

and latest map of the area at walagata.com/w/…Bang_Niang_Map_2013.jpg

BTW, there is only 1 McDs in Khao Lak, no Starbucks, KFCs, Pizza Hut etc. It's not that type of place! :-)

West Aussie
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Advice on Khao Lak and Ramada

Hi Lisa,

We stayed at the Ramada last April/May and is a great Resort. We only seemed to see the other guests at breakfast time, most of the time spent around the pool we had to ourselves.

The rooms are to die for, lots of little bars, restaurants, great beach to walk for miles on and explore. Bang Niang markets you can walk to only 15 minutes up the road, as Arandora said it ticks all the boxes,but at least their not multi high rise, only two stories. We stayed at one of the Beach villa's and I must admit waking up every moring to a view of the Andaman sea was amazing......

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
146 reviews
3. Re: Advice on Khao Lak and Ramada

As mentioned by the 2 previous , the rooms at the ramada are great.

"deluxe lanai " roomsare on the ground floor with a large area to sit and enjoy

the villas are quite expensive , especially in the peak periods

when do you plan to stay??

overall the ramada is first class, we stayed in a deluxe lanai in 2011 and did not want to go home, and maybe will stay again this coming april

very close to lots of restaurants both on the side roads and beachside.

enjoy....

Hornchurch, Essex
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Advice on Khao Lak and Ramada

Hi

Thank you so much for your helpful responses.

I should have explained that we don't mind hotel rooms as long as they are not in big, high rise blocks and so we are definitely going to book the Ramada.

I have just a couple more questions, if you don't mind helping. Are all of the Deluxe Lanai and Deluxe Jacuzzi rooms on the ground floor? Do any of them have sea views. We can't decide which room to go for. The villas look fab but are out of our price range.

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Advice on Khao Lak and Ramada

The De Luxe blocks are only 3 floors high. The Deluxe Lanai rooms are all ground floor. The top floor rooms have side views or front sea views but none are unobstructed.

The Deluxe Jacuzzi Rooms are again a 3 floor block, all have larger balconies than the De Luxe rooms and the ground floor patio is larger still. The top floor rooms of this block look out to sea over the Pool Villas but none have direct sea view. They are fronted by a garden area which is quieter than the pool area but this doesn't get particularly noisy anyway.

Hornchurch, Essex
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Advice on Khao Lak and Ramada

Thanks again for your help.

We've booked it now for March - can't wait!!!

7. Re: Advice on Khao Lak and Ramada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak