We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can anyone recommend a good tailor

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
can anyone recommend a good tailor

Hi

going to Khao Lak in February for the first time can anyone recommend a tailor - i will be looking for 2 piece business suit

staying for 2 weeks so should be able to attend a number of fittings

any feedback greatly appreciated

thanks

T

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can anyone recommend a good tailor

My personal recommendation (as he's the only one we have used) is Monty the Tailor who is located in the Khao Lak Grand City Plaza building which is the big yellow building on your right as the dual carriageway starts at the entrance to Bang La On, the main township.

If you do a forum search you will find other recommendations.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can anyone recommend a good tailor

thanks very much - i will give him a try

have you actually had a suit made there?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: can anyone recommend a good tailor

I had a suit made my Monty , March 2011, jacket , two pants. Still in perfect condition . Also had shirts made, when I return in April I will be giving Monty another visit.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can anyone recommend a good tailor

Don't wear suits these days. Finished with them thank goodness when I retired but Mrs A and I have had various articles made over the years and last year Monty made our daughter a trouser suit and her hubby sports coat and trousers. No complaints about any or price.

5. Re: can anyone recommend a good tailor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 11:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations