We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Berlin to HKT

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
112 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Air Berlin to HKT

Can anyone tell me of what kind of service/ legroom/ configuration on the Air Berlin service from Abu Dhabi to Phuket please, my booking is with Ethiad , but this sector is with the above airline, many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Berlin to HKT

Best to ask question on AirTravel Forum at tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
111 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Berlin to HKT

I posted a reply on the Phuket forum as someone asked about this route.

Your lucky, we didn't even know the 2nd part was with Air Berlin when we flew in November.

If you can change flights (if you have already booked) try and do that. Air Berlin is awful. Small seats similar to Monarch/Thomas Cook, no service what so ever, the in-flight entertainment on everyones seat back tv's didn't work and the staff couldn't care less about it.

The only comfort we had on the way there was knowing that we were getting closer to being in Khao Lak.

I would have paid extra and flown Thai if we had been told at the time of booking who it was with, the flightwas the only thing that put a spoiler on an otherwise fab trip.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Berlin to HKT

This may not be typical of all Air Berlin flights as a frequent flyer on the Phuket forum pointed out. Hence my suggestion to post on the Air Travel Forum for a wider cross section of views.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Berlin to HKT

I had a great flight and thought they cared and looked after us in a polite and professional manner. We got offered drinks more regularly than on ethiad and found the seats and entertainment to be good. Everyone is different but I'd fly with again.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,806 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Berlin to HKT

I can only repeat that I've never been on the Phuket route but I've flown long haul frequently on airberlin and I like them very much - polite, considerate cabin crew, decent food, OK seating as economy goes, and modern, well-maintained aircraft.

By comparison, I was forced to fly Etihad for one leg of a recent trip to Bangkok (because airberlin has sadly given up its non-stop route) and I thought it was horrible. Cramped seating, iffy service and disgusting food.

On the return flight, I was glad to be able to change to a nice clean, comfortable airberlin plane at the ungodly hour of 02:30 after a terrible flight from Bangkok on Etihad and a stop-over in drab Abu Dhabi airport, which I hope I never have to see again.

My next flight will be on THAI so I never again end up having to fly on Etihad.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
447 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Berlin to HKT

Do you have to pay for your drinks on AirBerlin flights we are travelling with them end of February?

uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Berlin to HKT

No they are complimentary when I flew with them to phuket in May.

uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Berlin to HKT

No they are complimentary when I flew with them to phuket in May.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,806 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Berlin to HKT

Before-dinner drinks, hard or soft, wine or beer with dinner and an after-dinner cognac or Bailey's are complimentary. Otherwise you have to pay - I can't remember - 2 or 3 euros.

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
447 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Berlin to HKT

Thanks!!

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak