We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien

Derby
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien

Does anyone who has stayed recently know if Le Meridien has wifi in the premium rooms now? I have emailed the hotel 3 times and they have avoided the question!

Also a bit concerned about the negative reviews its getting recently!!

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,472 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien

AFAIK, internet in rooms is by cable with wi-fi in Reception/public areas.

As for the negative reviews, having looked at them it is noticeable that the recent reviews come from guests from other S E Asian countries who appear to be less forgiving and more complaining in my experience than other countries. The bad points in the main is a recurring theme with this resort which has an excellent staff training programme but, and this is no coincidence, a high turnover as they are attracted to other resorts usually for more money. This situation has been exacerbated by the opening of 4 new 4/5* resorts this High Season and there are not that many trained, particularly English speaking staff to go around.

See my comments and explanation for this in my reply at #155 in this topic on the new Sands Resort tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Derby
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien

It's a shame they don't keep the staff. Guests always like to see familiar faces when returning to a resort.

Hey ho, I'm sure if we make the effort with them, they will make an effort with us although our Thai isn't up to much!!!

As for the wifi, I heard a rumor the whole resort was getting it including rooms - it also says this on their site I've noticed. I know not much happens in a hurry over there & wondered if anyone who has stayed recently could confirm this.

The reason I ask is my partner has a little boy who isn't joining us on this holiday & I thought it would be nice if we could FaceTime/Skype him in the room rather than have to go to the lobby.

Thanks for the info anyway, I trust you are having a fantastic time & are not still in the middle of a storm!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien

If you are taking a laptop you will be able to connect via cable in your room

4. Re: Le Meridien

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak