We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien

Derby
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Le Meridien

Does anyone who has stayed recently know if Le Meridien has wifi in the premium rooms now? I have emailed the hotel 3 times and they have avoided the question!

Also a bit concerned about the negative reviews its getting recently!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Le Meridien

AFAIK, internet in rooms is by cable with wi-fi in Reception/public areas.

As for the negative reviews, having looked at them it is noticeable that the recent reviews come from guests from other S E Asian countries who appear to be less forgiving and more complaining in my experience than other countries. The bad points in the main is a recurring theme with this resort which has an excellent staff training programme but, and this is no coincidence, a high turnover as they are attracted to other resorts usually for more money. This situation has been exacerbated by the opening of 4 new 4/5* resorts this High Season and there are not that many trained, particularly English speaking staff to go around.

See my comments and explanation for this in my reply at #155 in this topic on the new Sands Resort tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Derby
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Le Meridien

It's a shame they don't keep the staff. Guests always like to see familiar faces when returning to a resort.

Hey ho, I'm sure if we make the effort with them, they will make an effort with us although our Thai isn't up to much!!!

As for the wifi, I heard a rumor the whole resort was getting it including rooms - it also says this on their site I've noticed. I know not much happens in a hurry over there & wondered if anyone who has stayed recently could confirm this.

The reason I ask is my partner has a little boy who isn't joining us on this holiday & I thought it would be nice if we could FaceTime/Skype him in the room rather than have to go to the lobby.

Thanks for the info anyway, I trust you are having a fantastic time & are not still in the middle of a storm!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Le Meridien

If you are taking a laptop you will be able to connect via cable in your room

4. Re: Le Meridien

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak