We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phi phi to KHAO LAK march

San Diego...
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
phi phi to KHAO LAK march

Hi all!

First off -thanks to everyone for the wonderful tips/advice on here-always been helpful with all my worldwide travels!!!

I will be spending a few days on Phi phi (specifically Viking nature bungalows) in March 2013- Wanting to travel to Khao Lak where I will spend 3 more nights- I dont mean to repeat questions on here...but some are outdated-

wondering best way of transport....ferry to Krabi then go to Khao Lak or ferry to Phuket then up to Khao Lak? I hear its about 3 hrs from Krabi and 2hrs from Phuket-so im assuming shorter route makes most sense? im expecting this to be almost a full day adventure being that there may be delays etc...

Also if im at ferry landing in Phuket vs Krabi- how easy is it to get bus/taxi/transfer up to Khao Lak??

Unfortunately- Im realizing now that my itinerary could have been arranged better (im doing bangkok->phuket (2nights)->PhiPhi (3 nights) ->up to Khao Lak (3 nights)...->back to bangkok for one night- then onward......

advice? thanks!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: phi phi to KHAO LAK march

It's probably easier to get a transfer from the pier in Krabi than Phuket and possibly even cheaper. I would contact Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak for a quote for transfer to Khao Lak, cost and which pier would be better. Contact cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

San Diego...
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: phi phi to KHAO LAK march

Thank you! will look into it

3. Re: phi phi to KHAO LAK march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 04:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak