We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phi phi to KHAO LAK march

San Diego...
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
phi phi to KHAO LAK march

Hi all!

First off -thanks to everyone for the wonderful tips/advice on here-always been helpful with all my worldwide travels!!!

I will be spending a few days on Phi phi (specifically Viking nature bungalows) in March 2013- Wanting to travel to Khao Lak where I will spend 3 more nights- I dont mean to repeat questions on here...but some are outdated-

wondering best way of transport....ferry to Krabi then go to Khao Lak or ferry to Phuket then up to Khao Lak? I hear its about 3 hrs from Krabi and 2hrs from Phuket-so im assuming shorter route makes most sense? im expecting this to be almost a full day adventure being that there may be delays etc...

Also if im at ferry landing in Phuket vs Krabi- how easy is it to get bus/taxi/transfer up to Khao Lak??

Unfortunately- Im realizing now that my itinerary could have been arranged better (im doing bangkok->phuket (2nights)->PhiPhi (3 nights) ->up to Khao Lak (3 nights)...->back to bangkok for one night- then onward......

advice? thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phi phi to KHAO LAK march

It's probably easier to get a transfer from the pier in Krabi than Phuket and possibly even cheaper. I would contact Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak for a quote for transfer to Khao Lak, cost and which pier would be better. Contact cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Cheaper than Hotel Taxis
Cheaper than Hotel Taxis
1,010 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
San Diego...
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phi phi to KHAO LAK march

Thank you! will look into it

3. Re: phi phi to KHAO LAK march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 04:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak