We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay on White sand beach?

Trondheim, Norway
2 posts
Save Topic
Best place to stay on White sand beach?

Hi,

I plan to spend ten days on White sand beach in Khao Lak by the end of February.

From what I have read there are three restaurants and bungalows. White sand beach, Ao Thong and Goon & Gib. Which one do you recommend?

I also would like to go to Similan, Surin or Ko Chai for Snorkeling, should I stay overnight on the Island or just take days trips?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

May

Mentioned in this post
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,168 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,188 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay on White sand beach?

May

You've already made a similar post to which I've replied at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… This covers your question about the bungalows and restaurants. Please try and keep to one topic if it is the same to avoid confusion.

You cannot stay overnight at the moment on Koh Tachai. Whether you stay for one day or overnight depends on how much snorkeling you want to do and how much you want to spend. More boats go the Similan Islands than the Surins so it is busier. Reports vary as to which visitors enjoy the most.

Regards

2. Re: Best place to stay on White sand beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak