We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak places to stay.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak places to stay.

Hello all,

I'm traveling into Bangkok from Dec 21st until Jan 10th. I'm hoping to get on a liveaboard with Posideon but am currently on a waiting list. (although they have given me an alternative). I've never been to Khao Lak and would love some recommendations about where to stay.

Some info:

I'm traveling alone, i want to get to the gym daily if possible. I love visiting all the islands so i'm very interested in day trips. I'm planning on staying for about 2 weeks. It's already pretty late to try booking but any recommendations would be welcome. Nothing fancy, fan room is fine.

Also any good day trips/travel companies you'd recommend?

Thanks so much,

Pat

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak places to stay.

Hi Pat,

What is your budget please?

Here is a comprehensive list of accommodations in Khao Lak www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

See Things to Do on your Left and FAQs on your right for Things to do in and about Khao Lak. Fantastic Similan is recommended fpr Similans and Koh Tachai, Kuraburi Greenview for Surins and Koh Tachai. book locally when you arrive.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak places to stay.

You know...I've yet to see a public gym in Khao Lak...!!...??...

However,I do know some upmarket hotels/resorts have gyms....Ala JW.Marriott.

I guess the JWM is out of your budget considering you just want a fan room...??

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak places to stay.

Body Balance Fitness Studio is on the right just before the Khuk Khak Bus Station. Non-residents can pay day fees at some of the resort gyms.

4. Re: Khao Lak places to stay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 08:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak