We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

Walked along the beach, refused some fried chicken intestines on a skewer, and popped into "beach bar" next to the "green pepper", for a bite to eat, wished we had the chicken!

Walked a little further a came across "the Sarojin" so we sneaked in and had a mooch around and I can't for the life of me see why guests would be willing to pay twice what we're paying at the "Chongfah beach resort"!

Walked back to the Cf, got hammered on White Russians (cocktails here better than anywhere else) then fell asleep to the sound of crashing waves.

Just a little update for anyone interested. Xxx

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Chongfah Beach Resort
Chongfah Beach Resort
607 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

Looks like the white russians struck twice.. as they can so often do..

sure is a bit of fun being nosey..

just watch out for colonel klink if you get up to 'beyond '

keep the updates coming..

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

I'm sure you mean the Casa de la Flora and not the Sarojin which is more than a little further than the Chong Fah. The Sarojin is on Pak Weeb Beach and to get there you need to walk the remaining length of Bang Niang Beach, cross over on to Khuk Khak Beach, walk full length of that, cross over on to Pakarang Beach, walk length of that until you reach the Cape, cross over on to Pak Weeb Beach and walk about 1000 metres to the Sarojin. In total probably about 5km and crossing 3 creeks! That certainly would make you sleep. LOL

Chicken intestines, that's a new one! It's usually flattened chicken breast BBQ'd on skewers.

Mentioned in this post
Casa de La Flora
Casa de La Flora
572 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

Hallo Arandora, you're right of course, my apologies to the Sarojin but sentiments remain the same.

As far as the chicken is concerned, definitely intestines, we had a very amusing and graphic conversation with the food vendor!!!

Checked out Joes steakhouse last night, when we arrived the place was full apart from one table reserved for four, the reserved sign was quickly despatched and we were welcomed in where we enjoyed a very nice well cooked, reasonably priced Fillet.

Thought I was dreaming and had woken up at a Restaraunt in Berlin :-) but a nice little place, good food, and worth trying.

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

That's why the Chong Fah has such a loyal band of followewrs and return bookers.:-)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

My wife is not only insisting we come back again but she wants the same room!!

Eating in the Restaraunt at Chongfah again tonight, the food is awesome, just no point eating elsewhere!

Mentioned in this post
Chongfah Beach Resort
Chongfah Beach Resort
607 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

.... and the BOGOF cocktails at Sunset are still on I hope!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

My wife is not only insisting we come back again but she wants the same room!!

Eating in the Restaraunt at Chongfah again tonight, the food is awesome, just no point eating elsewhere!

Mentioned in this post
Chongfah Beach Resort
Chongfah Beach Resort
607 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

Cocktails are indeed bogof five to Six thirty, and good sized cocktails they are too! However no sunsets to go with them as yet: :-((

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
933 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

mark g, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you per night for your stay at Chongfah? While we aren't going to Khao Lak any longer, I would certainly be interested in staying there in the future, if the price is right. They remain one of the very few hotels that didn't get back to me in regards to prices (while others have mentioned that email communication is unreliable, I think it was only two hotels that never got back to me, and two out of the many I wrote too is pretty small in my books, so, I consider it a success!).

Also, how did you manage to book your stay with them? Was it directly, and if yes, how? By email, phone, in-person, etc.?

Thanks for your help and I hope you're enjoying your trip! :)

Mentioned in this post
Chongfah Beach Resort
Chongfah Beach Resort
607 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Being Nosey around other beach resorts.

Hello b-o-l, we are thoroughly enjoying our trip.

Understand the problems you've had contacting CF we had the same problems but as CF appeared to tick all our boxes for a beach hotel I kept going until getting a response.

I managed to book direct with CF via email although it was a slow process, turns out the owner Bow has just had a baby so somewhat otherwise engaged of late and I believe they have been closed during the rainy season for sea wall improvements.

We've paid approx 200GB Pounds per night, for a beachfront bungalow, stunning!

Food, excellent and good value.

Service fantastic, as you would expect with Thai staff.

The only negative and it really is a tiny one, you're in the middle of Bavaria here, we love bumping into Aussies, Americans, kiwis, Canadians etc they're more likely to be chatty and fun loving! Our German friends are......... Well lets just say, a little more reticent, if you know what I mean.

Having said that I'd probably come back again because the hotel is just heaven.

Regards Mark G.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak