We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fees for National Parks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Fees for National Parks

Good News!

The new Director of National Parks has cancelled the proposed increases in fees proposed by his predecessor that were supposed to be implemented from 1st October. See phuketgazette.net/archives/…article19307.html

Rates for foreign adults and children will remain at B400 and B300 respectively.

These are often included in tour prices that involve a visit to a National Park but check if they do that they are at the current level.

It is not clear yet whether national park tickets will continue to act as day-passes for additional visits on the same day to other parks.

If anyone has any info on this could they please it on.

Cheers

Edited: 01 November 2012, 17:09
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fees for National Parks

tripadvisor.com/…45030463

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fees for National Parks

That post was on the Thailand Forum and not everyone goes to that forum for information, hence my posts on this and the Khao Sok Forums whose visitors are directly affected.

Beijing
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fees for National Parks

Hi, Arandora, except fee for National Parks, is there a additional entry fee for foreigners to land on the islands? Do you have any idea how much they charge for a meal on Surin Islands? And as for the snorkeling tour they arrange twice per day of National park, does the guide speak English and take care of tourists? Sorry I have so many questions...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,743 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fees for National Parks

With the recent increase in taxi fares, it's little wonder the Thai's aren't looking to push their luck on the National Park fee increase for tourists, just yet.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fees for National Parks

asukazhang

The National Park fee is supposed to be a daily fee bur having gone on a 3 day 2 night tour to the Surins that included all the costs I am not sure if you are charged for every day you stay if you go independently. Similarly all our meal costs were included but I would expect to pay no more than at a local restaurant for what are fairly simple meals. I would not expect guides on the island to have more than a basic command of English and I would think they would expect most people going on their trips to be able to look after themselves as opposed to providing a personal service.

As an inexperienced snorkeler I would advise going as part of an organised tour.

Beijing
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fees for National Parks

Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it. It could be dangerous to snorkel on our own. We definitely will go with a agency.

7. Re: Fees for National Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 15:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations