We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

Here are links to latest photos from the 4 new major developments in Khao Lak due to open 2012-13 Season:

* Mai Khao Lak https://picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/Mai02…

* Sands https:/…

* Gracelands https:/…

* Sensimar https:/… (only website image at the moment, others to be added when available)

Many thanks to TA Members and friends in Khao Lak who have provided these for me.

It would be appreciated if new questions or information on each could be added to the existing topics not on this thread (use Search Box) to save repeating what has already been posted.

Cheers

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

Bump

2. Re: New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 November 2012, 14:42
Edited: 24 November 2012, 14:42
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

Photos taken from the beach at the Mai Khao Lak Resort earlier this morning before the rain came down added to link in Original Post. The Resort is complete apart from the landscaping which will take a short time to become established. There seemed to be plenty of guests both on loungers on the beachfront, by the pool and in the pool enjoying an Aquarobics session.

The resort like the Seaview Resort on Nang Thong Beach is part of the Tui Group's Collection called Blue Village Exotic and features in the UK Thompson Holidays Tropical Escapes brochure with flights from London Gatwick on the new Boeing Dreamliner.

4. Re: New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 December 2012, 15:55
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

Mrs.A and I had a whistle stop tour around these four resorts and external pics have been added to the links in the Original Post. We'll try to get internal shots later.

Observations:

* Mai Khao Lak - virtually complete, internals to some of the accommodation being finished. Landscaping will take time to establish itself. Judging by guests there today, very family orientated resort.

* Sands - mostly complete but no sign of tennis courts yet.. Grand Gala Official Opening Night tonight. Beach frontage cleaned up and is a nice spot on Nang Thong Beach with loungers overlooking it.

* Sensimar - again mostly complete, finishing touches to Spa and some rooms. Nice quiet part of Sunset Beach in between Laguna Resort and Khao Lak Resort. Most Thai style of the four new resorts.

* Gracelands - limited pics only as we couldn't get into main entrance because of construction traffic nor from the beach because walkways being cemented. Will visit again. Soft opening I am told with only 100 rooms being let initially on 1st January. Likely that construction work will still be continuing at that date. Russia and China markets specifically being targeted.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
146 reviews
6. Re: New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

WOW....

more concrete monstrosities, especially no 2...

still a brisk walk past, will soon take you back to the 'real feel' of khao lak

interesting mix marketing 'graceland ' to the russians and chinese....

more reports and pics anytime are sure to be welcomed.....

Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

OMG - amazing how quickly the Mai Khao lak, Sands and Semsinar have been completed since we saw them in late August.

That's progress....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

I must admit I don' t like the latest trend in construction where they leave concrete unpainted and looking very grim and when weathered grimy.

rehovot
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

dear arandora

if you have a black honda i saw you with your wife coming out from Mali resort on the 1 of dec.

i visited and found it very nice resort full of Swedish . the beach is great with shade,

they moved some restaurants and put their chairs instead.

sadly i am back home

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: New Developments: Mai Khao Lak, Sands, Gracelands, Sensimar

You mean Mai Resort? Yes, that was us doing our photo tour. :-)

It sounds as though you enjoyed Khao Lak.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak