We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any one knows anything about Luckanawadee Boutique Beach Res

Zurich, Switzerland
3 posts
Save Topic
any one knows anything about Luckanawadee Boutique Beach Res

We have booked rooms at this year x mas time. I tried very hard to find information about it (like restaurants around, pool, beach, service). Unfortunately all the information available is from 2010 and the commands from TA from then looks a little bit fake (too good to look real). Recently this resort seems very quiet. As this is the time we travel to Khao Lak, I certainly want it to the best. Also it's not easy for my parents to fly from Switzerland to Phuket. Any one here know about this resort? I higly appreciate informations~!!!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Zurich, Switzerland
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: any one knows anything about Luckanawadee Boutique Beach Res

As compared to Sensimar Khao Lak Beachfront Resort, which one is better to stay? I think my husband would like to dive and snorkle and for my parents good restaurants/massage/beach in hand and clean rooms are important.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,449 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any one knows anything about Luckanawadee Boutique Beach Res

The Luckanawadee is, with only 10 rooms of very high quality, the smallest luxury boutique resort in Khao Lak. It has a small pool and is located on Khao Lak Beach, the first beach that you reach coming from Phuket Airport, the transfer taking just about an hour. There are just a few resorts alongside the Luckanawadee on a promenade facing the beach. Although the resort no longer has its own restaurant there are a few local restaurants nearby on the beach or up and on the highway and you can dine at any of the neighbouring resorts restaurants. Breakfast is served to order in the reception area. It is a very informal and friendly resort. The main township of Bang La On where there are the most restaurants and shops is a 10 minute taxi ride over the mountain.

As you drop down the highway on the other into Bang La On, the new Sensimar, due to open on 1st November is on your left. It is a much larger resort with more facilities so you are not comparing like with like against the Luckanawadee.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
522 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Zurich, Switzerland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: any one knows anything about Luckanawadee Boutique Beach Res

Thanks alot. So far Luckanawadee does look better .

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any one knows anything about Luckanawadee Boutique Beach Res

Hi

I am curious - did you end up staying at this resort? I am also finding the place very interesting, but am missing more recent reviews and the resort's wepage is not up to date.

Thank you!

5. Re: any one knows anything about Luckanawadee Boutique Beach Res

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak