We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarojin

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Sarojin

Hello,

I'm going to be staying at the sarojin,and as I want to sample lots of local resturants I'll be using taxis a lot, I'm staying in Bangkok first and using taxis there sounds like you need to be careful which you choose,does this apply in khao lak at all, or are they all around the same price? Also how long will it take from the sarojin to get to most resturants ? Any information would be much appreciated, oh just thought of one last question would it be possible to cycle from the sarojin in to town? Thanks for any help.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarojin

Hi there Helly,

The sarojin has a shuttle bus into both bang Niang and bang la on where there are heaps of restaurants. The shuttle is 100 baht each way and It leaves several times a day.

We caught taxis back from bang Niang with no problem (the open air ones where you sit in the back). The drivers had a board with the prices so we knew price before leaving. Alan (Arandora) has a link to the price list I think :)

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarojin

Hi Jocus ,

Thank you very much for the help.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarojin

No problems :) have a fantastic time! I'm already counting down the time til my return to khao lak!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarojin

These were taxi rates as at last January from Bang Niang beach area to various places so are pretty representative. From Bang La On which is about 5 - 10 minutes down the highway they will be a little more. www.walagata.com/w/arandora/Taxi_Rates.jpg

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarojin

Thank you Arandora.

6. Re: Sarojin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 14:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak