We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Airways Departure Process

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Airways Departure Process

Hi, we are currently in Khao Lak at the Laguna Resort and will be departing on Saturday from Phuket with Thai Airlines, connecting in Bangkok.

Our Transfer time in Bangkok is only 55 mins, so I am assuming that we will be going through immigration/customs at Phuket but I have had no info from Thai Airways to confirm this one way or the other.

Can anyone with similar experience please shed any light on this as I am unsure how much time to allow at Phuket Airport on Saturday.

We are flying out at 10:00AM, so it would be useful to know if I have to arrive 3 hours in advance to allow for security and immigration etc.

Thanks

Judgey

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
521 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Ben's Restaurant
₹, Pizza, Seafood, Italian
Patty's
₹, Italian, European, Asian
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Airways Departure Process

Hi Judgey,

If you are flying on a single ticket, you will clear Immigration and Customs in Phuket and your luggage will go straight through to London. You just follow the Transit signs on BKK and plenty of staff on hand to direct you. 55 minutes will be fine. Again flying Thai all the way should for any reason your Phuket flight be delayed and you miss your London connection, Thai are responsible for getting you and your luggage on the next available flight.

Even if you are on separate tickets, both with Thai, when you check in at Phuket ask them to check you straight through to London. In both cases just watch that they put London tags on your cases.

As for time to arrive at Phuket, try and check in on-line if you can to speed up the process and select your seats. Check in opens 3 hours before but we usually allow 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Hope this helps and you are enjoying Khao Lak.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Airways Departure Process

Hi Arandora

Thanks for the info, I am on a single ticket, so that is useful to know.

I will check-in online as you suggest.

We are greatly enjoying Khao Lak and so far it has lived up to everything that we had hoped.

I have been combing this forum for a little while now and it has been utterly invaluable.

In fact I am writing this from Walkers Inn, after booking a table in Smile restaurant for my partners birthday tomorrow and prior to our Elephant bath tour tomorrow morning with Khao Lak Land Discovery. All great recommendations from this very forum.

After this trip, I will ensure to contribute reviews of all.

Regards

Judgey

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Walkers Inn
Walkers Inn
514 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak Land Discovery
Khao Lak Land Discovery
695 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Airways Departure Process

Are you watching football at Walkers? Say Hi to Andy from us and tomorrow to Franky at Smile. Enjoy your bath with the ellies. I'm sure there will be rose petals on the water for your partner's birthday. LOL

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Airways Departure Process

Indeed, Liverpool v Stoke.

I'll pass on your best wishes.

5. Re: Thai Airways Departure Process

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 00:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak