We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to book or not to book...

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
to book or not to book...

my partner and I are spending 8 weeks in thailand, we will have our first and last week booked (end oct-end dec we are going)

Is it safe to not book accomodation for the whole trip, we will try not to spend more than £210 a week on accomodation, will this be possible if we are not booking ahead?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to book or not to book...

£210 per week is about 1500 baht per night. In Khao Lak upto the middle of December when Peak Rates start to apply there would be accommodation at these rates. The nearer to mid-December the more popular, so perhaps more difficult just to walk in and book. So, understanding your need not to want to commit to dates I would advise that you have an idea of what resorts you may wish to stay in and in which area as you don't want to spend too much time going from place to place if it is full or not what/where you want.

Here is a list of accommodation(as upto date I think with accommodation to meet your budget) for you to look at and come back with if you want more information on any www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to book or not to book...

Are you travelling around Thailand or staying the whole 8 weeks in Khao Lak?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to book or not to book...

The OP implies travelling around otherwise no reason to book the end accommodation.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: to book or not to book...

Hi thanks for your comments!

Chrella, we are travelling around from end of oct. We want to visit Phuket but have been advised Khao Lak is a bit cheaper so thought could stay there and visit phuket - unless any other suggestions?

Thanks Arandora - will have a look and get back to you

x

5. Re: to book or not to book...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 15:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations