We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire ao nang to khao lak(Sofitel krabi to ramada)

Wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire ao nang to khao lak(Sofitel krabi to ramada)

Hi, I'm staying at the Sofitel krabi in November checking out on the 29th to head up to ramada khao lak for a further 8 nights.

I've looked on the net and a taxi transfer seems to work out about £60 so we were thinking if we could hire a car we could make a day of it and stop off to enjoy nice views etc

I think car hire works out at £30 ish a day but so far have struggled to find a car hire company where we'd be able to pick up a car near ao nang or at Sofitel and then drop it off in khao lak. (the car hire company at Sofitel is Avis)

Any advice would be much welcomed here as we've never been to Thailand before or hired a car abroad.

Thanks in advance.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire ao nang to khao lak(Sofitel krabi to ramada)

Contact Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak on cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

He will collect you from Sofitel and drop off at Ramada for about 2200 baht (about £44). Much better and safer than hiring a car for a first timer to Thailand. Not many car hire companies do 1 way hires and add quite a premium to normal rates for doing so. If you want to do a visit, say to the Monkey Temple just outside Phang Nga City on the way I am sure he will accommodate you. See pics in this album of our own Phang Nga Bay tour. I'm sure you will recognise which are the ones of the Monkey Temple and why it is called that https:/…

This may whet your appetite for returning to Phang Nga, location as you will see of James Bond Island, its most famous but over-hyped feature.

2. Re: Car hire ao nang to khao lak(Sofitel krabi to ramada)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2013, 14:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak