We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad airways

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
451 posts
204 reviews
Etihad airways

Hi

We are flying Manchester UK to Phuket return and have been told we need to re-confirm our return journey with Ethiad 3 days prior to our return. Has this happened to any other travellers and if so do you have a contact no we can use to re confirm our flight. We have tried unsuccessfully to find the no. Even ringing Ethiad direct and they were also unsure. Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Etihad airways

I thought in these days of e-tickets and on line check-in, phoning to confirm a return flight was a practise of the past. When we flew to Bangkok with Etihad a few years ago now we never reconfirmed our flights and have never done so with any airline since. If you check in on line for your return flights that automatically confirms them.

However, I have just found this with a recommendation to always reconfirm flights within 72 hours before departure. It has a list of telephone numbers to do so for each airline. www.statravel.co.uk/reconfirming-flights.htm

If you are flying non-stop from Abu Dahbi to Phuket that leg will be with Air Berlin (new arrangement this year) and their number is listed. Perhaps ring Etihad on the number given if it is different than the one you have used to check again.

I would also post this query on the Air Travel Forum where you are likely to get a response from a greater number of travellers. Go to tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

Etihad's T&Cs are not very clear:

"5.5.1 Onward or return reservations may be subject to the requirement on you to reconfirm the reservations within specified time limits. ****We or our Authorised Agent will advise you when we require reconfirmation, and how and where it should be done****. If it is required and you fail to reconfirm, we *** MAY *** cancel your onward or return reservations and you will not normally be entitled to a refund except where expressly stated by us. However, if you advise us you still wish to travel, and there is space on the flight, we will reinstate your reservations and transport you. If there is no space on the flight we will use reasonable efforts to transport you to your next or final destination but we are not obliged to do so."

Edited: 22 August 2012, 16:53
Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
451 posts
204 reviews
2. Re: Etihad airways

Arandora once again thanks for your help the two numbers quoted for air Berlin and Etihad airways are no longer recognised but I did manage to eventually get a number. I spoke to a very helpful gentleman who gave me a local number to re confirm the flights if we wanted to but said that it wasn't necessary to do so.

Wonder why in the small print Etihad said this was a requirement. Never mind panic over and our minds are at rest until something else bugs the wife

redcar
Level Contributor
156 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Etihad airways

Hi

We flew with ethihad to koh samui in march an you can book you seat online about 3 days (I think - or st leat 72 hours) before you fly. Really easy to do, just find an Internet cafe so you can print off your boarding passes as you book your seats

Regards

Terry

4. Re: Etihad airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 10:45