We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
98 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

We are not long back from 8 nights in Khao Lak and although i will also post this as a resturant review I just wanted to say how much we love the food at Hilltribes in the hope this information may be useful to others visiting Khao Lak. It is on the outskirts of the main town (on the righthand side heading out of the main town towards Bang Niang) so not as convenient as in the centre of town but well worth the effort in my opinion. The chef is from Chang Mai so the menu features a lot of specialites from the North of Thailand and a lot of lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves are present in different dishes, beautiful food and just a bit differrent from other restuarants in the area. It is not a fancy restuarant but has a nice atmossphere and you can see the kitchen which looks well organised and very clean, the staff are all welcoming and absolutely lovely and it is very reasonably priced. We were ordering food for 2 adults and one child including several softdrinks and 1 or 2 beers for my husband and the blil was usually around 750 baht. The staff knew we were coming to celebrate my birthday and they had made a special fruit carving with candles in it which they brought out for me and sang happy birthday and made my birthday very special. They were so welcoming and lovely to our son and baby daughter too but most importantly the food is sensational - just wish we could visit there more often!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,407 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

Welcome to the Fan Club!!!

Edited: 21 August 2012, 18:20
AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
700 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

Our favoutite as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

Hilltribes...??...Love it...!!....Say no more...!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

In fact...Do you recognise the location in my pic Cassie...??...

Perth
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

One of our favorites as well. Hill tribe beef or pork is my favorite as well as the veggies.

Mentioned in this post
Hill Tribe Restaurant
Hill Tribe Restaurant
898 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
France
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

I think whoever was there to have some foods, it's their favorite! Thumbs Up!

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
98 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

Ahhh, good to know it is also a favourite of many. I wanted to post about it as I was getting annoyed at many average restaurants in town and at the hotel being packed with only a few tables being occupied at Hilltribes, it just seems such a shame, people don't know what they're missing! Our favourites are the lime squid, deep fried prok with fried kaffir lime leavees and spicy pork larb - YUM!!! Such absolutely lovely people too makes it even nicer...

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
98 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

BTW Cocotang, yes I do recognise your picture! I have some of me with the Hilltribes Headdress on me and our son - insisted we put them on for my birthday photos - makes for some different birthday shots!!

UK
Level Contributor
878 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

Sorry...we went and couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Starters were good but the food went downhill after that, all in all just an average experience.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,407 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hill Tribes Restuarant Khao Lak

Perhaps an off night? I can honestly say that we have frequented the Hill Tribes very regularly during our extended stays in Khao Lak since it first opened and have never had less than an excellent meal.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak