We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Diving

Hi

Is the diving good near khoa lak in November? And if anyone has dived here which company did you use and what were the best dive sites?, :)

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
325 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving

Around Khao Lak are only wrecks. The main diving is on Similans. We're going in november for the first time and we booked liveaboard with Khao Lak Scuba adventures.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving

Hate to disagree with you Tina. As you will find out when you do you your diving trips, Khao Lak is the starting point for several dive sites. None are near to Khao Lak as such. As well as the Similans, thyere are the Surin Islands and the equally famous Richelieu Rock.

hellyHelly,

There are many Dive Centres based in Khao Lak that offer dives for learners to qualified, day trips tp liveaboards. Have a look at this link for a list of the Dive Centres including their websites where published khaolakyellowpages.com/wordpress/…

Also, if you haven't already have a look at the FAQ on the right "Where's best for SNORKELLING & DIVING from Khao Lak?" as well as Things to do on the right and this link in particular tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g297914-Activi…

November is the begiining of the Dry Season and marks the opening of the Similans and Surins National Parks and as it is not too busy yet offers good weather and good conditions.

Edited: 21 August 2012, 03:09
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
325 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving

Sorry Alan, but someone else told me that local dives are only wrecks and further away are Similians and Surins. I apologize for wrong information. Thank you for corrected me. :))

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving

It's OK Tina. None of the sites are really near Khao Lak. I didn't want people thinking they were, that's all! Enjoy your diving!!

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving

Thank you for all that great help and the links :)

I T
K
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving

We have chosen Scuba Adventure in Khao Lak

We booked a 3 nights 4 days scuba trip (08.04. to 11.04.2013) for me and my husband with snorkling for our 8 year old daughter. to Similan Islands. Just 1,25 hours to go from Khao Lak by speed boat.

The trip was well organized and we all felt very comfortable on board. Special thanks to Alex who was chief of duty at that time. He knows how to handle kids and my daughter still slobbers over him.

We made our Advanced Open Waters on board with Evan Moriarty- an excellent dive intructor.

Not only patient and routined but also mindful and ambitious. Wherever you dive and he is around -just choose him.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diving

Thanks for the report. Good to get information on dive companies and especially ones that accommodate families.

8. Re: Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak