We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Khao Lak to Chumphon

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Khao Lak to Chumphon

I am seeking information if there is a bus service from Khao Lak to Chumphon, and where I would catch the bus in Khao Lak or who I should contact to get more information.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Khao Lak to Chumphon

Hi Elaine,

Yes, you can catch a bus direct from Khao Lak to Chumphon.

"No buses have Khao Lak as their starting or ending point, but the region is well-served by buses originating in Bangkok, Chumphon, Phuket, Ranong, Surat Thani, and Takua Pa. All travel through Khao Lak on Rt 4. Most will stop at your command; a few express buses stop at the BKS Bus Terminal only. BKS (บขส, say the Thai initials as Baw Kaw Saw) is the government bus company. Its small terminal is located near the fresh market in central Khuk Khak a couple of blocks behinds the 7-11 Shop there." see section By Bus at http://wikitravel.org/en/Khao_Lak

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Khao Lak to Chumphon

I do as Arandora mentioned, stand on the side of the road and wave one down. That's for going south and everything ends up in Phuket so it doesn't matter than I can`t understand Thai :-)

There is a travel agent in Khao Lak city next to the beach road, old guy. If your there he should be able to get you a booking and have a bus make a stop for you.

I don`t think it is something you should worry about too much about. You just might have to hang around for an hour or so until one arrives from Phuket.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Khao Lak to Chumphon

thank you both for your response. I will check out both the bus station and travel agent metnioned. This information has been excellent, as had been advised that we may have to make our way to Suri thani first..

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Khao Lak to Chumphon

HI, just to let you know that we did catch a bus from Khao Lak to Chumphon. We booked our bus tickets through Rungkit Tour. This way we had 2 seats together. Cost was 350THB each. It took about 6 hours, but very comfortable. Waited on main road outside Khao Lak centre and waved bus down.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Khao Lak to Chumphon

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for letting us know. Useful in future for other people enquiring about a similar trip.

6. Re: Travel from Khao Lak to Chumphon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations