We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wow factor la flora or Marriott ?

leeds
Level Contributor
126 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Wow factor la flora or Marriott ?

Have booked la flora pool access for next year , but having 2nd thoughts - I really want the wow factor and thinking of changing to Marriott . We like pools , have a 7 year old , hubby's loves gym /sports and we would eat only in local restaurants . Help please !!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,411 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wow factor la flora or Marriott ?

NoWOW factor at La Flora - go for Marriott. We went to JWM first the La Flora and left La Flora after 1 day

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wow factor la flora or Marriott ?

The 4* La Flora is a more traditional Thai style resort that receives generally favourable reports but I wouldn't say it has the WOW factor. The JWM is 5* and better beach location and facilities and it has the advantage in that it is nearer walking distance to a greater range of restaurants than JWM. However, there are a number on the beach right next to the JWM and the main townships of Bang Niang (where La Flora is situated as is the 3 times a week market) and Bang La On (for most shops) are only 10 and 15 mins away by shuttle or taxi anyway.

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wow factor la flora or Marriott ?

For what you're looking for the Marriott would suit you better.

rehovot
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wow factor la flora or Marriott ?

I have been in at JWM two years ago in the pool access room.

the pool has sharp edges, it is hard to get back from the pool to the room.

The chairs at the beach are hard.

I checked last year the pool excess rooms at LA Flora and it looks much nicer with Jacuzzi streams at the pool (and the hotel is in the city)

So I booked for this yearat La Flora.

The Apsaras have also very nice pool access rooms

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
5. Re: Wow factor la flora or Marriott ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations