We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

Hi, after visiting Bangkok and Siem Reap we have 6 nights booked in Khao Lak at the Ramada, do you think this is too long or will we find plenty to do to keep us busy ? I quite like relaxing in the sun but hubby gets bored quite easily ! I am starting too wonder ir we should combine it with somewhere else but not too sure, thoughts please ?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

What month are you travelling?

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

Most definitely not.......

Enjoy...

Regards Bob & Chris.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

No, it won't be too long we usually combine it with Phuket but stay a week in each place.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

As well as date of visit, what are your interests, particularly your hubby's? Have you seen the FAQs on the right, particularly What are the TOP THINGS TO DO? If it's between November and April, you have the Similan and Surin Islands, north to Khao Sok National Park and south to Phang Nga Bay. If it is in the Wet Season you can't do the islands but the other tours are OK. Plenty of things to do in "only" six days, says someone who has worked up from "only" 3 weeks to now "only" 5 months every year! LOL

PS no skiing, even on water. In fact no motorised water sports at all!

Edited: 23 July 2012, 15:47
Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

Hi, thanks for answers guys. I forgot to say we are travelling in November, I just can't decide now wether to stay 6 nights in Khao Lak or to combine it with 2 nights at the Elephant Hills tented camp in Khao Sok. Does anyone know how long the journey is from Khao Lak to Khao Sok ? However if we did this it would mean doing one night at Khao Lak, 2 nights in Khao Sok then back to Khao Lak for 3 nights just because of flights etc etc. Mmmmm when I write that down it seems awfully busy and a lot of moving around ! Help !

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

The main entrance to Khao Sok National Park where most of the accommodation is located is just over an hour from the Ramada. Elephant Hills is a bit further so say 90 minutes. Unless you want the specific tours that Elephant Hills offers, given two nights is basically one full day, you can do a full day tour from Khao Lak and back from the Ramada.

Have a look at Green Andaman Travel at http://greenandamantravel.com/ or contact Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak at cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com as he does a great day tour.

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

Thanks so much Arandora, most helpful ! I think this is more what I fancied !

Karachi
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

Well, trust me the place is full of adventures and you can even spend as much as 60 nights and never get bored at all. I mean from surfing to diving and from parks to waterfalls this place has everything that would keep you interested. Enjoy the trip!!! My personal favorite is Lampi Waterfall...

London, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

After all the running about you will be doing in Bangkok and Siem Reap i would say Khao Lak is the perfect place to relax. enjoy :-)

10. Re: 6 nights in Khao Lak, is this too long ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 14:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak